Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI can Irish apply

Options
  • 25-04-2017 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi guys just wondering am I eligible to apply to the psni in the next campaign? I'm from the republic but not too far from the North

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

Hi guys just wondering am I eligible to apply to the psni in the next campaign? I'm from the republic but not too far from the North

Yes you can, would you not consider AGS first?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

nhunter100 wrote: »
    Yes you can, would you not consider AGS first?

Done interview last week but not feeling too confident haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I know there have been a large number of successful applicants from the South in recent years.

It'll be interesting to see how Brexit affects this. Of course it could be a joint PSNI/Garda force by then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

Done interview last week but not feeling too confident haha!

A family relative felt the same way after their interview. They are now in station as a member. Don't write yourself off yet, but the PSNI is a good option. You could also have a look at mainland UK forces. I have a friend who joined the Met in London several years ago. Thick Galway accent seems to go down a treat over there. Good luck and hope all works out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

nhunter100 wrote: »
    A family relative felt the same way after their interview. They are now in station as a member. Don't write yourself off yet, but the PSNI is a good option. You could also have a look at mainland UK forces. I have a friend who joined the Met in London several years ago. Thick Galway accent seems to go down a treat over there. Good luck and hope all works out for you.
    Yeah hopefully im the same but not counting on it haha think the uk police now have to be living in england for at least 5 years bummer as it would be another good option.

Advertisement