Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Celta online

Options
  • 05-04-2017 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

apologies if this has been asked already but couldnt find it here

I know that online telf courses in general are absolutely best avoided, but does anyone know if the part time online celta course run by international house is the real deal? I seems like it should be the equivalent to the full time one but maybe i'm being naive

I definitely want to get a Celta course done but a whole month without work makes it extremely difficult for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gilderbeast

I'm not sure if it's the real deal or not. I've worked in TEFL recruitment in the past and we always frowned upon online courses. You need face to face teaching practice that can only be provided by a full time course. You could travel to somewhere like Phuket or Chiang Mai in Thailand, do a full time TEFL course and find work straight away. It would be cheaper to live while you were doing the course, once you didn't party too much, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

It's the real deal.....you'll need to go in person twice a week for teaching practise and feedback. They technically refer to it as "blended"; still has the practical, in person component, but the theory is done online.

If you do this course ("blended" CELTA part-time through IH), you just get a normal CELTA cert. Doesn't make any mention of any of it being "online".

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dae.pen

It's the real deal.....you'll need to go in person twice a week for teaching practise and feedback. They technically refer to it as "blended"; still has the practical, in person component, but the theory is done online.

If you do this course ("blended" CELTA part-time through IH), you just get a normal CELTA cert. Doesn't make any mention of any of it being "online".

cheers for the reply! was hoping this would be the case, but almost sounded too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

No worries.....this is the exact CELTA I did; got a normal CELTA from it, and found a job no bother.

Advertisement