Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1405 campaign news

1818283848587»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

Mine came at about half 2. Sorry it took so long to write it on here. I didn't really know what to do, so went back to work and then the gym. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

Congrats Coolhand....

Now for PSNI26 to get across the line..........

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Congratulations to you all so far and hope the rest get that call!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I got the call too!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

Over the moon for you all! Who would of thought there was light at the end of the tunnel lol!

• Advertisement

Definitely not me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

Congrats PSNI26....

Here's to induction and start.....long 23 weeks ahead being first intake under the new regime

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Congratulations guys! 

Can someone tell me what way the call went? Obviously without dates and times etc.. just wondering in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Well done guys! It's such a long drawn out process. I waited 8 years for that call. I nearly cried watching the "class" pass out recently knowing that I'm next. Don't think you'll get to meet too many of us but know we have your back.

That's great to hear! It was a lot of information to take in tackleberry just about the formalities and then if you would like to accept. It's been a very long road and I'm glad that bit has been completed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Ponderosa2016

Anyone from 1405 still waiting on the call? Boardie or someone you know who isn't.

There's was was only a few of us on the boards from 1405 and we have gotten our calls I don't thing the rest came on here. I think that's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Well done to all who have the good news. Enjoy your Christmas and get ready for a different way of living. Even with the dropping of some of the 'shock of capture' tactics it will be completely different to what many are used to. Enjoy it as it's over too quickly and the real work begins. You've waited so long for this so just walk around feeling smug for a bit you deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

Hey use probably aren't on her anymore,just wondering what was the lowest score to get a call and did they exhaust your list and if they did ,did they mix you with another campaign ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hey use probably aren't on her anymore,just wondering what was the lowest score to get a call and did they exhaust your list and if they did ,did they mix you with another campaign ?

I asked this question at the time and was told that they exhausted the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Bob some of the last few of 1405 went into training with the first few of 1509 from what I can remember. They exhausted the list although the passing score was 60 instead of 55 as in this campaign. Don't worry it seems they will be exhausting 1509 too. Stay positive man. Work for it and you can do it :D that's what I keep telling myself anyway lol

Drummer are you in 1509 campaign?I wonder why they lowered the pass mark?glad they did tho ,so in theory it was low scorers from 1405 mixed with the top from 1509.

Drummer are you in 1509 campaign?I wonder why they lowered the pass mark?glad they did tho ,so in theory it was low scorers from 1405 mixed with the top from 1509.

Well that's the aul probation done then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hairy_Poppins

ZeGerman wrote: »
    Well that's the aul probation done then!
    Any advice for those of us about to start in the 1710 campaign?

• Advertisement

Yes, never give up! It took me 8 years of attempts before I finally got the call. Once the call comes, do as your asked and don't question the rationale, it may not make sense at the time but the staff in the college do want to get everyone through. Once that's over remember that you still know diddly squat so listen to what your team tell you and if you need help with something never be too proud to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hairy_Poppins

ZeGerman wrote: »
    Yes, never give up! It took me 8 years of attempts before I finally got the call. Once the call comes, do as your asked and don't question the rationale, it may not make sense at the time but the staff in the college do want to get everyone through. Once that's over remember that you still know diddly squat so listen to what your team tell you and if you need help with something never be too proud to ask.
    Heard various reports of people really struggling in GV with the work load and just was a bit worried.

I hadn't been in any sort of education for years when I went in and I managed it. First 10 weeks are pretty intense but it gets better.

Advertisement