Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 32 Matchday Thread. 3PM teams in OP.

1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I was very wary of last night with only Zaha playing, but it worked out nicely.

80 for the week and up to 4.7k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Crazy week where 67 (-4) sees me drop 15k.

Yoshida has been my stand out performer last 3 weeks, 27 points.

Think I'll stick the (C) on him the weekend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

55 down to 111k. I've been outscored by the guts of 100 pts by most rivals over the last 6 gws. Paid leagues are now gone. Going to take a step back for a few weeks and switch off from the game and just pick my team on a Friday and try to finish as high up the rankings as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

72 no hit actually gave me a tiny red arrow! My last 5 gameweeks have basically been a grey arrow
    Gw28 4548
    Gw29 5490
    Gw30 5744
    Gw31 5114
    Gw32 5163

Also just spotted something else
    I know a few of us here are competitive in the Sunday world league so I'll post it here
    I just spotted i dropped a place and could not figure out why..............And then i spotted a new team had joined the league. They are 15th in the world and therefore now top of that league. That's pretty crappy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

That late BP change to Zaha leaves me on 80pts and just out side the top 200K. I appear to have arrived at the business ends of things as the rises are getting smaller, no changes in one league, and even a red arrow in another.
    km79 wrote: »
    I know a few of us here are competitive in the Sunday world league so I'll post it here
    I just spotted i dropped a place and could not figure out why..............And then i spotted a new team had joined the league. They are 15th in the world and therefore now top of that league. That's pretty crappy

Admins should kick him out, and maybe considering a cut off point next season. That's really pretty ****ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

90 points from 10 players. Up 25k to 40k ... another season-high ranking.

All my differentials did well (Zaha, Yoshida and Tadic) and I gained 29 points on the leader in my cash league. Amazing gameweek, one of the most satisfying in my 5 years playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    71 dropped 34 places to 17,444

will take it after disappointment of missing out on spurs and man utd cleanies due to Valencia and walker not playing

I'd try not think of it that way. If they were playing they would have affected the game in a different way and potentially changed the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd try not think of it that way. If they were playing they would have affected the game in a different way and potentially changed the result.

yes potentially changed the result for the better with a goal or an assist most likely.
    I don't think by having walker or Valencia playing that their respective teams would have been any likelier to concede.
    especially to sunderlands potent attack!!

I understand where your coming from but you would almost count them clean sheet points as a given before the fixtures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

That is crap. It wouldn't be tolerated in our local league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

There should be a deadline date for joining, really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Had a quick look at his team there, he's also joined Irish examiner and Derry news leagues this week.
    Will be very poor form out of those leagues if they let that stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

bantee wrote: »
    1 transfer taken, Snoddy to Son, not sure about bench here though, don't like putting King on it but don't know who to drop:
    Foster
    Alonso Pieters Holgate
    Sanchez Siggy Alli Son
    Aguero(c) Lukaku Origi

[Heaton King Smith Holebas]

76 with Heaton and King mocking me from the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Had a quick look at his team there, he's also joined Irish examiner and Derry news leagues this week.
    They'll likely have no way of verifying it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

55 down to 111k. I've been outscored by the guts of 100 pts by most rivals over the last 6 gws. Paid leagues are now gone. Going to take a step back for a few weeks and switch off from the game and just pick my team on a Friday and try to finish as high up the rankings as I can.

In the exact same position, given up for the season. Thought last year would be my worst ever finish, this season is off the scale. It's been a total lottery, never seen a season where planning counted for so little. The top three in my work league have never finished in the top 1 million, and some of the FPL players I rate really highly aren't even in the top 100k...

Will likely triple-captain myself for GW34, despite being injured. Seems the type of decision that will get rewarded!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

PVA wrote: »

In the exact same position, given up for the season. Thought last year would be my worst ever finish, this season is off the scale. It's been a total lottery, never seen a season where planning counted for so little. The top three in my work league have never finished in the top 1 million, and some of the FPL players I rate really highly aren't even in the top 100k...

Will likely triple-captain myself for GW34, despite being injured. Seems the type of decision that will get rewarded!
    I don't think this season has been that illogical. Spurs attackers, Lukaku, Sanchez, Burnley defenders, with a sprinkling of form everywhere along the way. Hard to think of too many Pelle/Ighalos like last year that are really cr*p but keep seeming to pull it out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    I don't think this season has been that illogical. Spurs attackers, Lukaku, Sanchez, Burnley defenders, with a sprinkling of form everywhere along the way. Hard to think of too many Pelle/Ighalos like last year that are really cr*p but keep seeming to pull it out anyway.

I don't think it has either. Its been fairly straightforward and an interesting season as there have been a lot of good options . I've just been on the wrong side of a lot marginal captaincy calls of late and had a run of misfortune with injured players. All my planning for gw28 also proved a waste of time as basically everyone I signed got injured or lost their place. I made some mistakes along the way aswell that have contributed to it. Just a case of seeing out the season now and roll on next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

78 with no transfers made. Up to 70k.

For what it's worth, I wildcarded shortly after Xmas and I have reaped the benefits. Green arrows the last 6 weeks and a solid squad going into the last few weeks. After making such a mess of the DGWs last year, I decided to try set my team up as well as I could for the 2nd half of the season and treat the DGWs as bonus territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

https://twitter.com/M9RVG?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

He follows the Irish Examiner....and Finn Harps :eek:

https://twitter.com/M9RVG?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

He follows the Irish Examiner....and Finn Harps :eek:
    That's some serious stalking :D

I've emailled the Sunday world to alert them
    Doubt anything will be done but ya never know
    It's poor form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

It's poor form

:D

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

It's poor form

I'd doubt it too. They really should have a cut off point in all those leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

66 points

16k ->18k

Only second red arrow in about 10 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

67 points saw me drop to 197

DDG and Valencia really raped me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Green&Red wrote:
    67 points saw me drop to 197

Still in the hunt though. We'll all be rooting for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Finished on 83.

Yoshida 9 and Zaha with 11, both on the bench with 20 between them. But I'm happy enough with my decision to play Pedro and Walcott ahead of Zaha.

Up 29k places but still on the fringes of the top 200k OR.

Still aiming for a top 50k finish

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

69 I missed out on 9 points from king. Bugger it.

Plus I'm out of the FFS cup. Ah well

Advertisement