Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lotto

Options
  • 12-02-2017 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

What's the story with the lotto. God almighty it's never won, each time I check the results for the draw it comes up as No winner, same applies to Lotto plus one and two. It's a right old pain in the backside. I have been playing Lotto since 1990 and feel now it's time to bow out. I know they have increased the numbers and the price for your ticket. It seems like it's not just me that can't win but Nobody seems to win, only the National Lottery itself. Made a vow now only to play the odd time. This is from someone who played every single draw for years. So anyone any thoughts on it especially those of you that do play.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Back in the 90's there was plenty o' winners, my neighbours won 1.5m, and many relations got 5 numbers on a couple of Occasions (only got back around 500).

With any state type lottery whether Ire, UK or the Euromillions you’re essentially likely contributing to a significant operators fee, admin costing, pension funds, retailer margin and of course the ‘good causes or charity’ etc. All well and good...

..But if you’re hoping to make maximised ROI however, and are generally lucky karmatically, then your chances are better improved with the hot/lucky Pick 3,4,5 from 6 (or 7) numbers route from the bookies (shops or online). It's also cheaper per line with min line stakes from 0.50.

Probably the best offerings are from BetFred and Bet365 (online) Boyles and PPowers are a close second and have plenty of shops (just keep a wide berth from any of those slots types machines on the way out).

The best market is indeed the Irish lotto (47 numbers, unlike the UK which now has 59!?!), EM markets are unavailable for this route.

Pick 1 = €7 per €1
    Pick 2 = 67
    Pick 3 = 701
    Pick 4 from 6 = 8,500 (Betfred have an insurance market in this four ball at slightly reduced returns)

Pick 5 from 7 (inc’s the bonus ball) 1 = 45,000 return.
    Pick 5 from 6 is 150,000 if you don't need the extra ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seamas

I'm curious how much people generally spend on the lotteries.  I spend €40 per week - €10 for each Lotto and Euromillions draw.  That's over €2,000 per year and I'd say the most I've ever "won" is €500 in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Do you spend the 40 in the bookies doing the lotto or National Lottery agents?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seamas

Do you spend the 40 in the bookies doing the lotto or National Lottery agents?

Lottery.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

lotto site down again, can they get anything right, all the advertising about play lotto and they cant even keep there site up and running, what a bunch of cowboys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

lotto site down again, can they get anything right, all the advertising about play lotto and they cant even keep there site up and running, what a bunch of cowboys.

It's a joke. I used to enjoy playing as I don't smoke and drink very little. Never step inside the door of a bookies etc; literally only play national lottery but no more. Love to hear someone won the jackpot but since Sept 2015 its just pure greed now with them. Every time I check the results it comes up as No Winner. The only ones winning are the National Lottery. Funny I was talking to a sales checkout lady in Tesco recently and we got talking about this and she maintains a lot of the usual players she sees every week are not playing it as regularly as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

It's a fix. Usually won on occasions. Example bank holiday weekend or new year etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

cruais wrote: »
    It's a fix

Any proof or just shouting out nonsense?

Advertisement