Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Storage for a classic

Options
  • 06-10-2016 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I'm buying a 1978 MG Midget, but as I live in an apartment/duplex development, I don't have a covered garage. I'd be interested in renting one out or exploring other storage opportunities which would allow me to get access to the car whenever I need (i.e. not being dependent on somebody to let me in). I don't need a workshop space, just a secure storage.

Any suggestions/ideas? I live in Bray, Co. Wicklow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Good luck! It'll cost as much as a mini mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

I found somewhere very local, under €30 per month with access whenever I need it.

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

€30 a month sounds good.

I'm considering renting my double garage out when my Capri is mobile again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

marko99 wrote: »
    I found somewhere very local, under €30 per month with access whenever I need it.

Happy days!

Any chance you could PM me details about this place? I'll likely need classic storage next year! Thanks

Veloce wrote:
    Any chance you could PM me details about this place? I'll likely need classic storage next year! Thanks

I'm afraid it won't be available after mid March - it's in the corner of a factory which is being cleared out in advance of being sold. At least it gets me through the winter but I'll be looking for somewhere else myself next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I'm afraid it won't be available after mid March - it's in the corner of a factory which is being cleared out in advance of being sold. At least it gets me through the winter but I'll be looking for somewhere else myself next year!

The one going up for auction with the double shutters?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭baz_ctr

Isambard wrote: »
    €30 a month sounds good.

I'm considering renting my double garage out when my Capri is mobile again.
    If your ever letting out let us know looking for a place myself now

Marko did you get anywhere esle yet ? I will be looking for somewhere over next few weeks too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Hi Baz

This chap has storage units in Newcastle,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=105112

baz_ctr wrote:
    Marko did you get anywhere esle yet ? I will be looking for somewhere over next few weeks too

Nope, not yet - I'm hoping the sale process will drag on and on and on....

• Advertisement

I've just been asked to vacate my spot by the end of April. Still looking for somewhere close to (or in) Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I've just been asked to vacate my spot by the end of April. Still looking for somewhere close to (or in) Bray.

let me know if you hear of anything. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

I could suggest a storage option, but it's c.40 mins from Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I'd talk to some local farmers. There are plenty of empty sheds up and down the country.
    A six car shed is costing us 2100 for the year, 25 minutes from the red cow, holds six cars and has a decent bit of storage room as well. We could fit an extra car in at a push but itd be quite crammed then. Power and water on site.

woejus wrote: »
    Hi Baz

This chap has storage units in Newcastle,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=105112

Cool will give him a shout this on the look out for spot

I'd talk to some local farmers. There are plenty of empty sheds up and down the country.
    A six car shed is costing us 2100 for the year, 25 minutes from the red cow, holds six cars and has a decent bit of storage room as well. We could fit an extra car in at a push but itd be quite crammed then. Power and water on site.

Do you have an extra space ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

baz_ctr wrote: »
    Do you have an extra space ?

I need more space :pac:
    It's too full at the moment

Advertisement