Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd rainbow-like effect

Options
  • 31-03-2017 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Curious if anyone has seen something like this before, first time I've ever seen anything like it

https://ibb.co/cJ1rTv

Not the greatest pic but basically a rainbow-like colouring stretching along under the clouds - looks far more impressive and weird in person.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A low bow! :)

Just to do with the angle/elevation of the sun.

The lower the angle/elevation of the sun, the higher the rainbow will appear...and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭KrakityJones

Pity I didn't have a better camera it looked very odd - an almost alien glow that stretched a fair bit, looked cool anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Here's what I got...
    Low%20Rainbow%2020170331_140417%20resized_zps4jizr0or.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

tricky D wrote: »
    Here's what I got...

Great picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

Saw a lowbow last week too.

No pics unfortunately.

A fogbow beats all. Saw one of them a few months ago while in graveyard. As well as everyone else my phone was dead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement