Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Irish Wheat - the return of "Breo"?

Options
  • 29-03-2017 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Just saw it in shops, haven't tried it yet. Description sounds remarkably like Breo and other Witbeers. Can't really recall now what Breo tasted like, but since there wasn't a huge craft range back then, and I don't recall it tasting weird or very different to other available beer, I suspect it was a bit blander than something like blue moon or hoegarden.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

donaghs wrote: »
    I don't recall it tasting weird or very different to other available beer
    I remember it tasting startlingly different to anything available, with weirdly massive amounts of fruit and spice and perfume. Which isn't to say it wasn't blander than Blue Moon or Hoegaarden :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭donaghs

Interesting, but I guess it was about 18 years ago since I had it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Likewise! Nearly twenty since I first drank it.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I remember it being like Hoegaarden. Corriander and cloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Brockagh wrote: »
    I remember it being like Hoegaarden. Corriander and cloves.

Yeah me too, but not a good!

the quote at the time was it was nice, but you couldn't drink it all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭donaghs

Just had a Guinness irish wheat. It's not bad actually. Lemony citrus notes, hint of banana. I think it's a little bit more interesting than something like hoegarden.

Advertisement