Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A strange thing happened last week

Options
  • 29-03-2017 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

The Mrs and I were outside the back of the house making an adjustment to the bird station when I clearly heard a footstep in the gravel which sounded like it was only feet away (we were both stood still). It was a really obvious walking footstep sound (heal going in first then crunch as the sole comes down). The thing is there was no-one else around. The nearest neighbour is 50 yards away behind a row of trees. I asked the Mrs if she heard that & she said she did.
    Now I'm not freaked out by it. I don't believe in ghosts and even if there were any it wouldn't bother me.
    I'm just interested if anything similar has happened to anyone else, or even better if anyone can come up with a rational explanation.
    It was just weird.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Brego888

Thanks for starting a thread to share this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

It's ok just your mrs releasing a dry crackling fart she just didn't want to say anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

"Adjustment to the bird station".
    Kinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

jim2014 wrote: »
    making an adjustment to the bird station

kinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Filthy baxtard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Did you check for one of those camouflage lads, like in the lottery ads?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

hqdefault.jpg

+

dreamstime_xl_9060105-custom.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

This viral advertising for Ghost in the Shell is scraping the barrel isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Probably the gravel under your feet moving with the weight of your body, even if you were standing still.

Did you notice any angelic statues nearby that looked like they were weeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Jim I can confirm that this was a gigantopithecus.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

In other news - Man hears noise.

Did you notice any angelic statues nearby that looked like they were weeping?

Should I bother watching Dr. Who?

Never got in to the "reboots".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

It's a mole or badger. Move house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

When I was about 16 I had an electric guitar. I left it leaning against the edge of the couch with the strings facing in one evening and walked out of the room. As soon as I was outside the room I heard the twang of strings like someone had raked their fingers over them in an open strum. I stopped in my tracks. No-one else around and the guitar hadn't moved when I went in.
    Probably deserves it's own thread but I'll leave it here.

gramar wrote: »
    When I was about 16 I had an electric guitar. I left it leaning against the edge of the couch with the strings facing in one evening and walked out of the room. As soon as I was outside the room I heard the twang of strings like someone had raked their fingers over them in an open strum. I stopped in my tracks. No-one else around and the guitar hadn't moved when I went in.
    Probably deserves it's own thread but I'll leave it here.

Then who was phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Could it have been a Pokemon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

me_irl wrote: »
    Should I bother watching Dr. Who?

Never got in to the "reboots".

Yeah, it gets good with David Tennant and excellent with Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I heard a noise once upon a time...........

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

+

dreamstime_xl_9060105-custom.jpg

Gilly_encounters_a_wizard.jpg

+

anonymous-business-suit-clip-art-at-clker-com-vector-clip-art-online-vbzQXH-clipart.png

Then who was phone?

Could you rephrase the question please?

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »
    Could you rephrase the question please?

So, you're with your honey and you're making out when the phone rings. You answer it and the voice says "What are you doing with my daughter?". You tell the girl and she says "But my dad is dead!"

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

In before the lock!

So, you're with your honey and you're making out when the phone rings. You answer it and the voice says "What are you doing with my daughter?". You tell the girl and she says "But my dad is dead!"

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

tumblr_mi1b94Xdo01qfgo1to1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Donald O' Conner; " I hear singing and there's no one there. "

Sounds like our Donald's a prime candidate for a check up from the neck up .....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

jim2014 wrote: »
    The Mrs and I were outside the back of the house making an adjustment to the bird station when I clearly heard a footstep in the gravel which sounded like it was only feet away (we were both stood still). It was a really obvious walking footstep sound (heal going in first then crunch as the sole comes down). The thing is there was no-one else around. The nearest neighbour is 50 yards away behind a row of trees. I asked the Mrs if she heard that & she said she did.
    Now I'm not freaked out by it. I don't believe in ghosts and even if there were any it wouldn't bother me.
    I'm just interested if anything similar has happened to anyone else, or even better if anyone can come up with a rational explanation.
    It was just weird.

110% a ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Perhaps it was 'a potential terrorist attack "

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

110% a ghost.

Chances are it was an animal. I.e. Rabbit, or cat. Something that would get away quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Chances are it was an animal. I.e. Rabbit, or cat. Something that would get away quickly

No way it's a ghost it's the only explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

61.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

A SKELETON WAS DRIVING THE CAR!

Advertisement