Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Ale Options for Birthday.

Options
  • 28-03-2017 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,

Just looking for any help / advice on ideas around sourcing some beer either in bottles or preferably mini kegs (or both), not averse to travelling north, just need a better selection that I can usually source in the supermarkets here and, for a reasonable enough price.

Ideally mini kegs would be good, but bottles is fine if the quality / price is right..

any experiences / help / pointers would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

P.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Piddar

BeerNut wrote: »
    Where do you live?

Just outside Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

Hilden Brewery
    Available in 18 (£46) or 36 pints (£82) a Piggin or Polypin (think wine in a box) is the perfect addition to any Christmas dinner party! Call ahead to book - then drop by the brewery to pick up!
    Choose from:
    Nut Brown - 3.8%
    Hilden No4 - 4.4%
    Twisted Hop - 4.7%
    For more information & to book please call Ash on 02892 660 800 or email info@hildenbrewery.co.uk.

also imi sure if you contact local breweries in south like dungarvan/9whitedeer/8degrees youd get better value

The Eight Degrees web shop is here. Manor Brewing does minikegs of Mont Lager but their web shop looks to be out of stock at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Piddar

BeerNut wrote: »
    The Eight Degrees web shop is here. Manor Brewing does minikegs of Mont Lager but their web shop looks to be out of stock at the moment.

Hello

Thanks for the help on this, I've been out of wifi at home for a bit while installing a new router (hence the delay). I'll give 8 degrees a call. I have to admit, my local does Franciscan Well.. that would be ideal but no reply from them! :)

Thanks again.

P.

• Advertisement

The Eight Degrees shop seems to be offline at the moment for some reason. Rascals has one too now: http://rascalsbrewing.com/beer-shop/

Edit: Eight Degrees shop is back now.

Advertisement