Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 28-03-2017 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

i have an event in 11 days time where i need to bring a brew. problem is due to short notice im low on ready beer. now i have some lying around odds and ends so all is not lost but its very small amount.
    i have the new coopers hefe on since the 21st ( 8 days) and its flying it, i know its a new wheat beer yeast with this kit so is any chance like the old one you could ferment 10 days bottle 10 days. and go with it.

else i have a coffee stout sitting in a corny keg for 12 months. could this be bottled ( the seal isnt perfect but should be kept under c02 blanket anyway ) could i bottle this or would the yeast be stone dead now. or could i mix a small bit of live wort from hte here in before bottling ?

maddness im sure

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

else i have a coffee stout sitting in a corny keg for 12 months. could this be bottled
    If it's liquid it can be bottled. Whether it's any good or not is a different question, and only you can answer that. You have time to experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

yeah think i may as well try it incase tis only fit for the sink

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

update.. discovered enough in the stash to cover me....
    bottled 5 l of the wheat beer ... so 10 days n ferment...few days in bottle ( 5l ibrew bottle) brought it with me but didnt open it.. had it alst weekend, lovely light wheat beer.. not very yeasty and could be a great summer beer if it got a little lemony dry hop. will dry hop the remaining 15l before bottle...

Advertisement