Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compact Bar Idea

Options
  • 26-03-2017 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭

Hi, i've recently picked up some stuff to set up a keg at home. I got a cooler, gas, 2 taps, regulator and connectors for 2 kegs.

I hoping to rig up a half keg of guinness but don't have space to build a full bar.

Any ideas? Would something like a kitchen island work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Even a table would work.
    You just need something for the tap to clamp onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Ooh and under counter fridge, and tower tap aka. kegerator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Even a table would work.
    You just need something for the tap to clamp onto.

I was hoping to conceal alot of the equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ginger83 wrote: »
    I was hoping to conceal alot of the equipment.
    The beer revolu was just pointing out that all you need is a table, everything after that is optional.
    There's nothing stopping you concealing equipment if you want.

There are lots of island taps in pubs around the place. A full install can fit inside a fridge. Which is about the same size as a single kitchen unit. Really just depends on how big the cooler and intended kegs are.

Mellor wrote: »
    The beer revolu was just pointing out that all you need is a table, everything after that is optional.
    There's nothing stopping you concealing equipment if you want.

There are lots of island taps in pubs around the place. A full install can fit inside a fridge. Which is about the same size as a single kitchen unit. Really just depends on how big the cooler and intended kegs are.

Would it be safe to put gas on its side or is it a must that it stands up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ginger83 wrote: »
    [
    Would it be safe to put gas on its side or is it a must that it stands up?
    That will probably depend on the type of gas and the design of the bottle. But I think standard cylinders need to stand upright

Mellor wrote: »
    That will probably depend on the type of gas and the design of the bottle. But I think standard cylinders need to stand upright

Thanks

Advertisement