Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spot the difference

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Spin off hubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭john hanrahan

different number plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

Coupe instead of a "Convertable" (Convertible)?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Really it makes no difference to the sale of this car as they look like belgian plates to me. In Belgium a registration number is fixed to a particular person and not a particular vehicle as in most countries. So odd plates or not, it makes no difference to the legitimacy vechicle in this case

If buying a belgian import it used to common for the car (or tractors in my case) to arrive with no plates on it at all, as they stayed with the owner. A lot of importers put replica plates back on the vehicle to stop people on the other side have a panic attack when they arrived bare!

As far as I can remmeber I think the rear number plate is given to an owner with a drivers licence and its up to the owner to have a second one made for the front... or so I was unreliably told!

PaulK_CCI wrote: »
    Coupe instead of a "Convertable" (Convertible)?

I knew someone who had a coupe like this back in the day....wasn't convertible (odd looking yokes)

• Advertisement

Testacalda wrote: »
    Really it makes no difference to the sale of this car as they look like belgian plates to me. In Belgium a registration number is fixed to a particular person and not a particular vehicle as in most countries. So odd plates or not, it makes no difference to the legitimacy vechicle in this case

If buying a belgian import it used to common for the car (or tractors in my case) to arrive with no plates on it at all, as they stayed with the owner. A lot of importers put replica plates back on the vehicle to stop people on the other side have a panic attack when they arrived bare!

As far as I can remmeber I think the rear number plate is given to an owner with a drivers licence and its up to the owner to have a second one made for the front... or so I was unreliably told!
    The add states "[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.74902)][font=lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]with original Belgium registration and logbook" and that in itself isn't really an odd statement. What the seller is probably referring to is that it was first registered in Belgium and that it has a current Belgium registration and logbook. The fact that the physical reg. number and plate belong to the person instead of the car, makes no difference to the paperwork that comes with the car. I have imported quite a few cars from Belgium and the paperwork generally does contain reference to the reg number that was on the car, and yes, in most cases the car would have the front plate still attached. The person that applies for a registration number, gets indeed one hallmarked plate, and is personally responsible for getting the other plate made up. [/font][/color]
    [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.74902)][font=lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]So to me, I don;t really see something fishy or out of the ordinary with regards to the number plate. The thing that does confuse me is the fact that the car is originally Belgian, it currently is the North of Italy, and the seller advertising claims to be from Enniskillen, Fermanagh.... :)[/font][/color]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭john hanrahan

i don't think there was any malice in the original post merely, a spot the difference question. i could be wrong.

i just pointed out the plates as a point of difference thats all no suggestion of anything fishy

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Car is in Northern Italy with original Belgium registration and logbook
    I can import the car to Ireland
    Contact Alberto on 00393281335639
    "Can import to Ireland", but lists a UK address, and then in another ad he says "Available in the Co. Fermanagh area"

He lists "Classic Cars, Northern Ireland, Fermanagh, United Kingdom" in yet another ad, selling a 1966 Mercedes-Benz 200. All with his Italian number.

Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Thanks for the comments.

I was just referring to the different number plates which I found to be a bit eccentric to say the least.

There is an aftermarket hardtop available http://honeybournemouldings.co.uk/triumph.html so it could be one of those.
    That still doesn't explain the coupe vin plate.

Probably all academic as we'll hardly see it in this country at that price.
    Maybe better off going to Donegal to do a deal on this really rare car https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bond-equipe-gt/14956988

True, not really much chance of it getting imported into Ireland. 

I found over the years it is almost impossible to sell a Left Hand Drive British classic car in Ireland or the UK. People would generally be ok to consider a LHD car in a German or French classic, but never in a British sports car...

Definitely a coupe though. The coupes are a very odd design, always look like there's a hardtop slapped onto it

• Advertisement

PaulK_CCI wrote: »
    True, not really much chance of it getting imported into Ireland. 

I found over the years it is almost impossible to sell a Left Hand Drive British classic car in Ireland or the UK. People would generally be ok to consider a LHD car in a German or French classic, but never in a British sports car...

Definitely a coupe though. The coupes are a very odd design, always look like there's a hardtop slapped onto it

My LHD went to Romania. Noone here wanted it and it was rare and a bargain price too

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭68deville

http://www.autobelle.it/annunci/vendo_camaro_rs_cabrio_1967_193759.php

Speaking of Northern Italy here is a Cork registered Camaro for sale along
    Way from home!!

Advertisement