Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi 48 Inch Ultra HD/4K TV - €385 (Could Expire on 14th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

I picked up the 64u model in the last few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

stamjoe wrote: »
    I picked up the 64u model in the last few minutes.

Enjoy.

Don't think you'll be disappointed with the value v quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

48HK6T64U. Is there different models. Seen a picture earlier in thread and part number ends in 74U. I'm confused now.

What's the difference in the 2 model numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Invincible

Mine also is the 74u. For 340 you just can't go wrong.

Had one reserved, asked for the model number before I bought, it was the 64U, so left it.
    I saw the 55" 74U advertised in their flyer for €640.

Invincible wrote: »
    Had one reserved, asked for the model number before I bought, it was the 64U, so left it.
    I saw the 55" 74U advertised in their flyer for €640.

Why u not get the 64 u ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Invincible

GY A1 wrote: »
    Why u not get the 64 u ?

Because some of the poster's had got the 74U model, better spec supposedly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

Picked up a 74u model today in Childer's road, Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Couple of bits for everyone:

Hisense are an absolutely quality brand of TV, definitely not a badged Vestel (not that there's anything wrong with that) as all of their TV's are in house- there was a massive thread on BA for quite some time with folk picking up various sized models for little money, and most of the reviews are tops (as with everything, you will get a dud every now and then)

I don't know if there's much difference between the 64U & 74U models- i can only comment on what i can see, so if someone who has a 64U wants to try and do a comparison i'm open to that. Either which way, i can't see anyone being disappointed- you know you've paid €350 or so, so there's no reason to expect it to be top drawer. That said, i watched the expanse streamed in 1080p earlier on both 4K sets and i'm hard pressed to tell the difference.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Couple of bits for everyone:

Hisense are an absolutely quality brand of TV, definitely not a badged Vestel (not that there's anything wrong with that) as all of their TV's are in house- there was a massive thread on BA for quite some time with folk picking up various sized models for little money, and most of the reviews are tops (as with everything, you will get a dud every now and then)

I don't know if there's much difference between the 64U & 74U models- i can only comment on what i can see, so if someone who has a 64U wants to try and do a comparison i'm open to that. Either which way, i can't see anyone being disappointed- you know you've paid €350 or so, so there's no reason to expect it to be top drawer. That said, i watched the expanse streamed in 1080p earlier on both 4K sets and i'm hard pressed to tell the difference.

I'd agree with the Hisense stuff. I was going to order a 4k 43inch off Amazon but really don't like buying electronics that way. To much hassle if anything goes wrong.

It was the 340 euro price tag for this that made my mind up.

I have watched Arrival 4k, Hacksaw ridge 4k and some of the grand tour in 4k and it's amazing.

Don't trust netflix 4k whatsoever. I don't think it's true 4k.

Hacksaw ridge 4k for example is 40gb.

I'd agree with the Hisense stuff. I was going to order a 4k 43inch off Amazon but really don't like buying electronics that way. To much hassle if anything goes wrong.

I have watched Arrival 4k, Hacksaw ridge 4k and some of the grand tour in 4k and it's amazing.

Agreed re Netflix- it may not be true 4K but it is a sight better than 1080p, and it's stunning. For lols I must "acquire" a 4K movie and give it a whirl.

Also agree on the price- toss between this 48" at €350 and a "higher quality" brand at a smaller size for similar money, this will win every time- the value in it is easy to see.

• Advertisement

Agreed re Netflix- it may not be true 4K but it is a sight better than 1080p, and it's stunning. For lols I must "acquire" a 4K movie and give it a whirl.

Also agree on the price- toss between this 48" at €350 and a "higher quality" brand at a smaller size for similar money, this will win every time- the value in it is easy to see.

PM me if you need to know where to "acquire" such a thing!!

Youtube 4k is true 4k though. So playing that will do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Netflix is 4k resolution although they deploy it at a lower bitrate compared to Blu Ray.

VeVeX wrote: »
    Netflix is 4k resolution although they deploy it at a lower bitrate compared to Blu Ray.

So the lower bitrate affects quality?

I have compared it to some of the 4k stuff I have downloaded and it doesn't come close to it.

I have compared it to some of the 4k stuff I have downloaded and it doesn't come close to it.

Ssshhhhh- icksne on the downloaday :D

All joking aside I haven't even tried to download 4K stuff- I will later

Ssshhhhh- icksne on the downloaday :D

All joking aside I haven't even tried to download 4K stuff- I will later

Just look at the youtube stuff IBFOXER.

The sample football of Barcelona is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Most definitely. Compression degrades picture quality.

anyone spot a bracket on offer
    cant remeber where i got the last bracket fairly reasonable

GY A1 wrote: »
    anyone spot a bracket on offer
    cant remeber where i got the last bracket fairly reasonable

I got a very tidy one in PC world before Christmas, Logik brand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

And the 10% off offer is finished too

Current price valid until 28/03 so we'll see after that

• Advertisement

fdevine wrote: »
    And the 10% off offer is finished too

Current price valid until 28/03 so we'll see after that

Pretty much a hundred quid dearer.

I was considering getting a second one for the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I convinced my parents last weekend to buy the Hitachi (got it for the 385 plus the 10% discount) only problem is the picture settings. I'm colour blind so I'm not sure my eyes are the best for picture quality settings. I used some older Hitachi LED 2012 model settings I found online but I was wondering what settings you guys used. Any help would be appreciated. It's the 64U model if that makes any difference.

Settings for what??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Settings for what??

Colour settings.
    Sorry I can't help I've a Samsung.
    Have you tried rtings site?

deco nate wrote: »
    Colour settings.
    Sorry I can't help I've a Samsung.
    Have you tried rtings site?

So for watching a movie switchas it to cinema?

So for watching a movie switchas it to cinema?

Better to get the colours looking right, contrast and brightness too. If you go to rtings site they have a video tutorial explaining all about it.
    (or look it up on YouTube)

deco nate wrote: »
    Better to get the colours looking right, contrast and brightness too. If you go to rtings site they have a video tutorial explaining all about it

What are ye looking for though?

Hygro wrote: »
    I convinced my parents last weekend to buy the Hitachi (got it for the 385 plus the 10% discount) only problem is the picture settings. I'm colour blind so I'm not sure my eyes are the best for picture quality settings. I used some older Hitachi LED 2012 model settings I found online but I was wondering what settings you guys used. Any help would be appreciated. It's the 64U model if that makes any difference.

http://uk.rtings.com/tv/learn/how-to-calibrate-your-tv

Try this

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pcmag.com/article/346337/why-tv-calibration-matters?amp=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 BigBulldog

Any tips on where to get 4k content? Torrents or where?

• Advertisement

Netflix

Advertisement