Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Essential Milsim Gear

• 16-03-2017 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

A few friends and I are looking to attend a Bellurgan event sometime this year, we're leaning towards the event in August. We've been playing Airsoft for a year now, but we want to make sure we have everything we need before we go, and we'd like to start picking up bits soon, rather than leave it all to the last minute.

We're looking to get sets of mid-caps for our AEG's, backpacks of some sort (Bergens, Assault Packs, or Rucksacks. What should we have?), torches, spare batteries, and camping equipment.

What other items should we be looking to get? I've been considering a backup AEG but the cost of that would cover all the equipment I've mentioned and then some, so I'm tentative about that.

We'd really appreciate any help!

Also, we've been debating over what sort of faction we should enter as. We're thinking that a militia or police role might not require as much gear, but a military role would give us more people to follow and learn from as it's our first event. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Have a read of this;

http://troops-in-contact.com/info/equipment/

It's from an old event but still good info

Edit: make sure you pack spare uniforms/ warm gear and sleeping bags in waterproof dry bags.
    And you are required now for events in Bellurgan to bring your own REPLICA CAT Tourniquet like this
    https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152197583-Combat-Application-Tourniquet-Replica-C-A-T.html

As for factions, maybe go with people you know or the faction with the most comfortable headgear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EvilLizard

You mentioned keeping the sleeping bags waterproofed, is it normal to carry your sleeping gear with you in game? I thought that there was a camping area outside of the game zone.

EvilLizard wrote: »
    You mentioned keeping the sleeping bags waterproofed, is it normal to carry your sleeping gear with you in game? I thought that there was a camping area outside of the game zone.

No there is no need to to carry your sleeping system with you in game.

There is camping outside the game zone but you can camp out in game.

If you are camping in game it's a good idea to waterproof gear because sometimes tents leak or you could get p1ssed on between getting your kit from the car and your tent being set up and secured from the elements.

Advertisement