Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premium Whiskey Tasting DBA

• 14-03-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done the whiskey tasting with Dublin Bar Academy? https://dublinbaracademy.com/course/premium-whiskey-tasting/

I'm thinking of trying it but the price might be a bit steep depending on what they offer. Hoping to increase my knowledge of whiskey by trying a few side by side with an expert! Have people tried something similar that they could recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Don't think that's too expensive? Depending on the quality and extent of the person's knowledge giving the course you get 2 hours of their time. I've have price tags north of what they're asking for 10 minutes of a plumbers time :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I haven't done the tasting, but do know DBA & the guys involved. They're all knowledgable and have a pretty nice inventory of whiskies. Can't imagine them having a tight pour either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Thanks for the replies. I just didn't want to drop €80 on something without someone else recommending!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

It may well be worth it but there are good whiskey tastings for between 20 and 30 euro in Dublin. The Celtic Whiskey Club and the Irish Whiskey Society both do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭VW 1

I got this last year when it was a living social deal for 40 quid. Well worth it imo, you get a flight of 8 whiskys including 3 scotch, 3 Irish an american and a Japanese whisky. We got a cocktail beforehand and stayed chatting to the guy doing the course and got to sample two other scotches.

I'd pay the 80 for it myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement