Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think that's why in the announcement MS talk about playing games in "full fidelity" (PS Now and any streaming service would often compress images or video resolution to ensure smoother playback)

I'll openly admit it: My name is Fingleberries and I am a new gadget and Gamerscore addict.

I signed up for the preview of Game Pass (despite my earlier protestations, and knowing that there are only 20-odd mixed quality games) and have downloaded nearly 90GB of games in under a week. Played some for a few minutes, some for a few hours. It's actually a very good service and as long as there is plenty of notice when any third party titles may be moving out of the Pass, I can see myself subscribing.

The only possible downsides I can see so far.
    - It doesn't help my A.D.D. when trying to choose what to play with the already limited time I have to play.
    - My Backlog / Pile of Shame won't thank me.
    - If you have a slow download connection, or heaven forbid a download cap, this service may just tease you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'll openly admit it: My name is Fingleberries and I am a new gadget and Gamerscore addict.

I signed up for the preview of Game Pass (despite my earlier protestations, and knowing that there are only 20-odd mixed quality games) and have downloaded nearly 90GB of games in under a week. Played some for a few minutes, some for a few hours. It's actually a very good service and as long as there is plenty of notice when any third party titles may be moving out of the Pass, I can see myself subscribing.

The only possible downsides I can see so far.
    - It doesn't help my A.D.D. when trying to choose what to play with the already limited time I have to play.
    - My Backlog / Pile of Shame won't thank me.
    - If you have a slow download connection, or heaven forbid a download cap, this service may just tease you.

Us mopes in the beta circle won't see this before it goes live to the public, will we? :)

Question:

When you sign up, do all available games show up as Ready to Install?

That would drive me mad :P

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Us mopes in the beta circle won't see this before it goes live to the public, will we? :)

Question:

When you sign up, do all available games show up as Ready to Install?

That would drive me mad :P
    Nah, luckily it doesn't. Could you imagine suddenly having 100+ ready to install games. (I shudder when the mail icon on my phone has a '1' beside it).

Currently there's a new "Memberships" section in games and apps, that is divided into Gold, EA Access and Game Pass. That links out to games in those programs - at the moment it just directs you to that section of the store.

Microsoft have said that this is not the final design, so hopefully will become more intuitive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nah, luckily it doesn't. Could you imagine suddenly having 100+ ready to install games. (I shudder when the mail icon on my phone has a '1' beside it).

Currently there's a new "Memberships" section in games and apps, that is divided into Gold, EA Access and Game Pass. That links out to games in those programs - at the moment it just directs you to that section of the store.

Microsoft have said that this is not the final design, so hopefully will become more intuitive.

My OCD kicks in when I see someones phone and they've got "1,263 Unread Emails". It's like my skin is crawling, what are these people doing?

The memberships areas aren't great, really hope that the functionality improves, if it's just a link to the programs, then it's useless to me. The EA Access one in particular is totally useless, it takes about a minute to get into that app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I would end up installing every game, just so it'd be gone :D

Also, isn't "Spring" something that runs until June 20th for them Americans? That's a fair bit away if you guys are only getting the first month free!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

CatInABox wrote: »
    My OCD kicks in when I see someones phone and they've got "1,263 Unread Emails". It's like my skin is crawling, what are these people doing?

The memberships areas aren't great, really hope that the functionality improves, if it's just a link to the programs, then it's useless to me. The EA Access one in particular is totally useless, it takes about a minute to get into that app.

my missus has about 10 times that, drives me mad!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I would end up installing every game, just so it'd be gone :D

Also, isn't "Spring" something that runs until June 20th for them Americans? That's a fair bit away if you guys are only getting the first month free!!
    Yep, American "Spring" is until the middle of June and the announcement for Game Pass was "late-Spring" ... probably looking around just before E3, in my opinion, for it being generally available.

At the moment I'm only a member of the Game Pass Alpha Store Catalog (or something similar) so we'll see in 20-odd days if they want to charge for renewal or not - it was set as auto-renew by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

Seems that bioshock bioshock 2 and BC infinite has been added to list.

A nice little touch with the Game Pass games: When you uninstall the game, it doesn't go into the "Ready to Install" list - it's just gone, presumably back to the list of Game Pass games under membership with status "Owned".

I was expecting to have to go back into Ready to Install to hide the games one-by-one again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Urgh, I hate having to do that.
    If my nephew see's PvZ in the Ready to Install he wants to play it and I sometimes forget to hide those games

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

gmg678 wrote: »

Anyone getting charged to download them? Still looking for 29.99 from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Urgh, I hate having to do that.
    If my nephew see's PvZ in the Ready to Install he wants to play it and I sometimes forget to hide those games

Brilliant game in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I enjoy the Garden Warfare one but he wants to play all non stop, he refers to it as the Pea Shooter game.
    I've been tempted to tell him that he can get it on his mothers mobile phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I enjoy the Garden Warfare one but he wants to play all non stop, he refers to it as the Pea Shooter game.
    I've been tempted to tell him that he can get it on his mothers mobile phone :D

Oh its the original top down game.....yeh no fun :D

maybe you need to go through the Pass portal to get them? I will check when I am home if its showing that for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Yeah me too. Think it's the remastered version too, not the old 360 version.

Won't let me install either though.

trixiebust wrote: »

Yeah me too. Think it's the remastered version too, not the old 360 version.

Won't let me install either though.
    seems to be broken for Bioshock. say there will be fix soon. It is still in its infancy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

seems to be broken for Bioshock. say there will be fix soon. It is still in its infancy.

Just downloaded Bioshock 2 there, so maybe it's fixed?

Yep they're finally showing as Owned and now available to download.

• Advertisement

yeah seems they fixed the bug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm very tempted to buy an xbox one for this. Seems too good to be true.

CatInABox wrote:
    Just downloaded Bioshock 2 there, so maybe it's fixed?

Are they the remasters ? NBA 2k16 seems to have been added too.

Bioshock 1 & 2 are the remasters, infinite is the BC version.
    (They're probably just doing that to test out putting BC and One games out to see demand, etc.)

Bioshock 1 & 2 are the remasters, infinite is the BC version. (They're probably just doing that to test out putting BC and One games out to see demand, etc.)

Thanks. Top tip, save regularly ! Mine just randomly quit to dashboard after 2 hours.
    Of course I hadn't saved it, lost all my progress :(

Weirdly all the BioShock games are unplayable again for me today. All I get now is "do you own this game or app".

Weirdly all the BioShock games are unplayable again for me today. All I get now is "do you own this game or app".

Same here. I'm going to try it in a bit to see if it's fixed

NBA 2K16 is suffering the same issues as Bioshock where it asks if you own the game.

Those games aren't even visible for me anymore.
    All the achievements I'd unlocked have gone back to being locked again too.!

• Advertisement

Those games aren't even visible for me anymore.
    All the achievements I'd unlocked have gone back to being locked again too.!
    make sure to report it on the forums. That seems odd that the are locked again.

Advertisement