Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microbrew beer in Tullamore pubs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Tullamore Beer club on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/241924442663906/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The Wolftrap have Franciscan Well Friar Weisse, Rebel Red and Chieftan IPA on draught, as well as Blue Moon (bleugh).

This lot in bottles as well....

10371917_655309224555901_542130775844814422_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Baggots Centra store in clara are currently running a promotion on Bo bristle IPA and Amber ale 4 bottles for €10 .. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The heritage centre do really nice craft beers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

@Lexie

They close in the evenings though, don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lucena wrote: »
    @Lexie

They close in the evenings though, don't they?

I have no idea to be honest

Think they finish at 6, maybe open a little later in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

So reading back over this thread, and from info gleaned elsewhere, the current state of play should be.

Heritage Centre: Some craft on tap.
    Hugh Lynch's: One craft tap (at least).
    Copper Pot Still: Bo Bristle (according to Bo Bristle map). No idea if bottles or tap.
    Wolftrap: Bo Bristle bottles (according to Laros last December)

Does anyone have any other info? Is the above still accurate?

I'm just a thirsty punter coming home for Christmas looking for somewhere to have a pint over the holidays.

Lucena wrote: »
    So reading back over this thread, and from info gleaned elsewhere, the current state of play should be.

Heritage Centre: Some craft on tap.
    Hugh Lynch's: One craft tap (at least).
    Copper Pot Still: Bo Bristle (according to Bo Bristle map). No idea if bottles or tap.
    Wolftrap: Bo Bristle bottles (according to Laros last December)

Does anyone have any other info? Is the above still accurate?

I'm just a thirsty punter coming home for Christmas looking for somewhere to have a pint over the holidays.

Wolftrap have a heap of craft beers both in bottles and on draught: http://www.facebook.com/thewolftrap.tullamore/photos/pb.366167140136779.-2207520000.1418684257./715579321862224/?type=3&theater

Lynchs have a decent selection of bottles and two taps that rotate.

Hi ...
    Copper pot has Bo Bristle Pilsner on tap , I think the o haras tap was taken out of the wolftrap but something else went in instead... cant remember what tho ...

• Advertisement

Just a quick update.... The Wolftrap has closed but has now been acquired by Leitrims Carrig Brewing Co..... Due to open in january 2017 I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

laros wrote: »
    Just a quick update.... The Wolftrap has closed but has now been acquired by Leitrims Carrig Brewing Co..... Due to open in january 2017 I've heard.

Late February actually, I've heard it from the horses mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Late February actually, I've heard it from the horses mouth

Did they actually buy the building or are they leasing it from the owners?

medoc wrote: »
    Did they actually buy the building or are they leasing it from the owners?
    Yep for around 380K I believe

Yep for around 380K I believe
    A sure sign that the shopping centre on the old Texas/Tesco site won't be going ahead as was planned.

medoc wrote: »
    A sure sign that the shopping centre on the old Texas/Tesco site won't be going ahead as was planned.
    The revised plan that went in last year did not include the demolition of this building, the original plan did so it won't make any difference.

Pub is opening on Wednesday and is called Tanyard Lane, loads of people giving out about the name because it's not on the Tanyard.
    But hey they have spent a fortune gutting it out and doing a complete overhaul.

It wasn't exactly beside the Wolftrap in the mountains either.

Anyway should be good to have a pub in town specializing in craft beer, might give the rest of the pubs a kick up the arse too

Keep an eye out for a beer which is being tapped on friday evening Called "Black Arden" ...Its a coffee stout which is based on a local homebrewers recipe, It will only be available in the tullamore pub, I was among a group of local beer fans that helped to brew it for their opening weekend... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Are they doing food too? The town could do with decent pub food too.

Yep.... as far as i know... :D

• Advertisement

laros wrote: »
    Yep.... as far as i know... :D

17190810_442752919398476_547595025308980514_n.png?oh=b078824abf16d08d9f8a3723302c51b9&oe=597148E2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Good. I hope it will be a bit more interesting than current offerings.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Good. I hope it will be a bit more interesting than current offerings.

Wouldn't be hard in fairness.

This is the sister pub in Carrick On Shannon http://www.thebarrelstore.ie/node/163

Wouldn't be hard in fairness.

This is the sister pub in Carrick On Shannon http://www.thebarrelstore.ie/node/163

I was there last year, great spot. Dragged lads in for one, they thought that it looked too hipster. Ended up staying the whole night!

Revised open day is Thursday, food won't be ready to be served until Paddy's day as the kitchen isn't ready yet but they will be putting a big focus on food.

I called in tonight and the place looks lovely....they have the full carrig range along with 2 guest taps, and also serve guinness , coors and heineken,. i understand food will not be started till after St Patrick's weekend now.

Heading there Saturday night. First time I've been excited about a new pub in a very long time!

Heading there Saturday night
    Try the Black Arden if there's any left ( only around 2 kegs were made ) .... a really nice stout.... the keg is being tapped tonight and a lot of us have decided to only have a glass of it to try let as many people as possible try it over the weekend... :-)

Guill wrote: »
    Heading there Saturday night. First time I've been excited about a new pub in a very long time!

How was it? We were supposed to be in this weekend but work commitments got in the way.

• Advertisement

I was in there over the weekend.
    Black Arden is nearly sold out, great pub it's got real potential, all the carriage range plus Galway hooker and hope blond ale. Bottle selection decent too, all kinegar and 4 bredogs as well as some american beers

Advertisement