Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 28 Matchday Thread - Fill in the Blanks

• 11-03-2017 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm fielding:

Randolph
    Coleman Brunt
    Mané Siggy Antonio (c)
    Lukaku Barnes

No hits.

Punting on Antonio as captain with Bournemouth's defence in a bit of a mess.

Good luck everyone. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Jaku

Coleman/brunt/Mawson

Mane/coutinho/siggy/king

Lukaku(c). Carroll

May yet take a hit to replace Phillips with a west ham mid

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

-8 hopefully i can make some ground

Jaku
    Coleman FM Fernandez Nyom
    Mane(C) Coutinho Siggy King
    Carroll Lukaku

A couple of nil-alls would actually suit me best (HULL-SWA + EVE-WBA). And then goalfests in the other 2 games with my captain and other contenders doing well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

-8 as well

Randolph

Daniels Lowton Coleman

Mane Siggy

Lukaku (c) Llorente

Foster on bench. Would have 2 keepers available lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

paulie would you not play Foster as a bit of a blocker to Lukaku captaincy. i'd say the odds are pretty 50-50 anyway for a West Ham or WBA clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

-4 taken

Jakupovic
    Funes Mori, Brunt, Evans
    Firmino, Mane, Siggy
    Lukaku, Llorente

Still deciding on the captaincy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Jaku
    Daniels Coleman Baines Brunt
    King Mane (C)outinho Firmino Siggy
    Lukaku

Barnes on the bench and will likely sub in as I don't think Firmino will be risked.
    Took a second -4 Arnie --> Coutinho after the Firmino news and am given him the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

No hits

Foster
    Baines Matip Kingsley(lol)
    Lallana Siggy Mane Carroll
    Lukaku(c)

I hate captaining Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

spock. wrote: »
    Jaku
    Daniels Coleman Baines Brunt
    King Mane (C)outinho Firmino Siggy
    Lukaku

Barnes on the bench and will likely sub in as I don't think Firmino will be risked.
    Took a second -4 Arnie --> Coutinho after the Firmino news and am given him the armband.

For a second there I thought you had 10 starters and you were calling Mané "King Mane" haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

-4 (cos I fu<ked up! :mad:)

Heaton
    Daniels, McAuley, Clyne, Reid,
    Siggy, Antonio, Fer, Philips,
    Llorente(vc), Lukaku(c)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,284 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

1FT unused so far.

No keeper.
    Mee, McAuley, Amat (lol).
    Mane, Siggy (vc).
    Lukaku (c).

Looking at it with a critical eye I concede it may perhaps need a tweak in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

-12 taken:
    Foster
    Smith Holgate(lol)
    Siggy Mane King Snoddy
    Lukaku(c) Llorente

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It'd be gas if this was the weekend Amat started, got a clean sheet and a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mig
    Baines FM brunt
    Mane coutinho siggy
    Carroll lukaku
    Mane captain. A 0 0 in Everton wba game would be magical

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mig
    Baines FM brunt
    Mane coutinho siggy
    Carroll lukaku
    Mane captain. A 0 0 in Everton wba game would be magical

Jak
    Brunt, Mawson, FM
    Mane, Siggy, Carroll, Lanzini
    Lukaku

Leaning towards Couts in for Sterling for a hit to make 10.

Would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Heaton?

Coleman Evans Brunt

Mane Firmino?

Lukaku Carroll Llorente

Captain Mane

-4 taken.

FHFC wrote: »
    Jak
    Brunt, Mawson, FM
    Mane, Siggy, Carroll, Lanzini
    Lukaku

Leaning towards Couts in for Sterling for a hit to make 10.

Would you?
    I just did that move. I would have been much happier doing firmino in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Brunt FM Coleman Maguire Daniels
    Siggy Mane Coutinho
    Lukaku Llorente

I don't think I've ever played 5 defenders before...I'm scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Wildcarded:

Jaku

Coleman Baines Robertson

Mane (c) Lallana Coutinho Carroll Siggy

Lukaku Llorente

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

No hits (!)

Heaton

Brunt Coleman Smith

Barkley Mané (C) Grosicki Antonio Siggy

Carroll Lukaku

Subs: Foster Amat Azpi Aguerooooo

Very marginal call on the captaincy....hoping this is finally the week that a Mané inspired Liverpool hammer a supposed small team at home.

Going with Heaton over Foster - don't fancy either to keep clean sheets and getting tired of WBA double whammy goals conceded. Heaton save points likely as well I reckon.

Well set up on paper but will probably be outscored by loads of people with 4 players :-)

Cartman78 wrote: »
    No hits (!)

Heaton

Brunt Coleman Smith

Barkley Mané (C) Grosicki Antonio Siggy

Carroll Lukaku

Subs: Foster Amat Azpi Aguerooooo

Very marginal call on the captaincy....hoping this is finally the week that a Mané inspired Liverpool hammer a supposed small team at home.

Going with Heaton over Foster - don't fancy either to keep clean sheets and getting tired of WBA double whammy goals conceded. Heaton save points likely as well I reckon.

Well set up on paper but will probably be outscored by loads of people with 4 players :-)
    This Liverpool struggling against weaker teams has only applied away from home. They have scored 6 against Watford , 5 against hull and 4 against Leicester and stoke at home. I've mentioned it before the problem to date has been in away games against those type of teams. Even since the turn of the year when league form has dipped they have still averaged 2 goals a game in the 4 home games against Swansea arsenal Chelsea spurs. Away from home they have only averaged 1 goal in their last 4 games Sunderland, utd, hull,Leicester. A Liverpool mid in a home game or against a team that will attack them in an away game has been fruitful all season. Its why I'm so keen to have two for the next 4 games. Burnley Everton and Bournemouth at home and city away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

This Liverpool struggling against weaker teams has only applied away from home. They have scored 6 against Watford , 5 against hull and 4 against Leicester and stoke at home. I've mentioned it before the problem to date has been in away games against those type of teams. Even since the turn of the year when league form has dipped they have still averaged 2 goals a game in the 4 home games against Swansea arsenal Chelsea spurs. Away from home they have only averaged 1 goal in their last 4 games Sunderland, utd, hull,Leicester. A Liverpool mid in a home game or against a team that will attack them in an away game has been fruitful all season. Its why I'm so keen to have two for the next 4 games. Burnley Everton and Bournemouth at home and city away.

Got Mane, Coutinho, Lallana on the wildcard - looking forward to my points :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Starting with an unorthodox 2-2-1 formation in order to bamboozle the opposition.

Foster
    Mee, Mawson
    (C) iggy, Lanzini
    Lukaku

Holegate and Amat to come on for tired legs or if I need to shut up shop and squeeze out a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yeah, I guess it just seems like a very long time since they've thrashed anyone (either home or away)....seriously hoping that they can regain some of their early season confidence.

I think Origi instead of Firmino may not necessarily be a bad thing for this kind of fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Jaku
    Funes Mori--Holgate--Mee--Brunt
    Coutinho--Mané--Siggy

Lukaku--Llorente

-4. In all likelihood fielding 9, anything from Holgate would be a bonus. Foster on my bench is my only other player with a fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Jaku

Brunt -- Baines -- Amat ( I pointer hopefully!!)

Cout -- Mane
    Siggy -- Fletcher

---- Lukaku (C). -- Carroll

All for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Heaton

Robertson Brunt Williams

(C) Mané Davies Siggy Brady King

Lukaku Llorente

Bench: Grant Alonso Pieters Agüero

-4 for Philips > King and Ibra > Llorente.

I can see Kun being moved on for Kane next week, as Kane's form has been excellent, and Kun has some tough matches coming up. I'm also a bit ragey that triple-captaining him in his DGW didn't help me make up any ground in my league. 0-0 against Stoke, FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm looking forward to this !
    The lack of games makes it much easier to follow what's going on in various people's teams
    And then just the one game tomorrow to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this !
    The lack of games makes it much easier to follow what's going on in various people's teams
    And then just the one game tomorrow to worry about

Ciggy? I think I'm going to give him the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »
    Ciggy? I think I'm going to give him the armband.

I'm having similar thoughts and a nil all in the west brom Everton game would be delightful then !
    But I'll prob hedge my bets and stick with lukaku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    I'm having similar thoughts and a nil all in the west brom Everton game would be delightful then !
    But I'll prob hedge my bets and stick with lukaku

3 goals and 5 assists in his last 8. He was unlucky not to get more last week. I think I'm gonna go for it.

Need to gamble a little to close gap on pay league rival who will captain Lukaku.

Advertisement