Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah I think they'll just build it and sell it off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Yeah I think they'll just build it and sell it off

I'm not involved in this situation but I feel very sorry for the residents who are. I sincerely hope planning is turned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Can I ask what the buyers of houses in the new phase think about the proposed petrol station planned at the end of that road? Just curious as we were not informed about it until after we had signed contracts.

When we were up yesterday, the agents were supplying a printout of the proposed petrol station / car wash / food area.

It has the look of an apple green to me. Planning still pending ( further info requested ).

We viewed the 3 bed semi-d last weekend, and the printout of the proposal was lying on the kitchen counter but not mentioned until we asked.

What I particularly liked though, was that someone was approaching people exiting the showhouse, handing out flyers in case they were not informed.

Edit: I'd be interested to hear about the attic conversion options if anyone has looked into the subject :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 julz2403

Hi all, We have purchased a 4 bed in the Guillemot and we were also not told about plans for a petrol station. Can you shed some light on where exactly the plan is for the petrol station to be located?

We are having a difficult time to get a quote for reasonable flooring - please can you PM me if you have any good suggestions.

We are excited to move in as the community looks fantastic!

julz2403 wrote: »
    Hi all, We have purchased a 4 bed in the Guillemot and we were also not told about plans for a petrol station. Can you shed some light on where exactly the plan is for the petrol station to be located?

We are having a difficult time to get a quote for reasonable flooring - please can you PM me if you have any good suggestions.

You'll be able to see it out your front windows. It will be across the main road to the right as you're looking, just before the new estate, Hamilton Hill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Tiles, carpet or wooden flooring?

The community is fantastic and it really is a lovely place to live hence why so many residents are very opposed to the petrol station. I find it very sneaky of the EA that you were not told about it given that it will be across the road from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Planning application: http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=F16A/0602&theTabNo=2

(Ugly) map: http://fusion.fingalcoco.ie/LocalView/Sites/Planning/?layers=layer3:1&identifyitem=layer2:2:PLANNING_REFERENCE:%27F16A/0602%27

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

Does anyone know if work has commenced on the link road since the application was approved on 23rd January?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SydneySyder

Popped down again on the weekend. Looks like the framework for two homes have been put down. Exciting!

Popped down again on the weekend. Looks like the framework for two homes have been put down. Exciting!

Yep, dropped down also..... flying up now.... flags down for the foundations on the upper tier also.

Place starting to take shape nicely.

Interested to see how they will finish off the " tiered garden concept".

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if work has commenced on the link road since the application was approved on 23rd January?

Havent noticed but they may well have as a lot of work is happening up at that end. Will be great to have that done as the seafront entrance to BC will open once it is completed.

Site pic from Sunday

Site pics Sunday 5th March 17

More pictures

Front of 3 bed

Foundations poured

Sea views from 26m above sea level

Rear of showhouse

Tiered gardens?

CyberSecurity - did you notice if the 4 bed semis had a bay window?

• Advertisement

CyberSecurity - did you notice if the 4 bed semis had a bay window?

Not that I could see, There is a lot of scaffolding up in the pic I took so hard to know. Will have a look if I'm up next weekend....

Sure I'm only across the road, I'll have a look later on!

Just trying to figure out the massive price increase on the 4 bed semis, the bay window would qualify it a bit, if present

How far above sea level are they.

18m front row
    22m- 23m back row

Sure I'm only across the road, I'll have a look later on!

Just trying to figure out the massive price increase on the 4 bed semis, the bay window would qualify it a bit, if present

Fair enough :)

Yeah I have heard figures upwards of €435k for 4 beds???

€100k extra for a bedroom and entertainment room seems way over the average for room costings.

We bought the initial 4 bed semis, but they were considerably cheaper last year! They don't have a bay window though.

We bought the initial 4 bed semis, but they were considerably cheaper last year! They don't have a bay window though.

According to one of the builders on site the 4 bed semis are the same as the current ones in BC - as in no bay window included. But I could be wrong, a bay window would explain the price increase. But then the 3 beds increased by 30k and they are the same spec as the 3 beds in BC already

According to one of the builders on site the 4 bed semis are the same as the current ones in BC - as in no bay window included. But I could be wrong, a bay window would explain the price increase. But then the 3 beds increased by 30k and they are the same spec as the 3 beds in BC already

I just thought they might have the bay window as per the promotional art. If there's no window, that's madness!

There is a new kitchen layout too. The door and window are switching walls, the kitchen will move to the other side of the room, it's larger and there will be an island. Think that might add some of the cost

Is Tom the main foreman on site?

Regarding the 3 beds, spec appears to be a little different on the new units..

granite surrounds on all 4 sides of windows and a cobble lock driveway are 2 of the changes I have noticed to date...

I also notice that in the brochure there is mention of Cat5e ( Internet cable ) included throughout the house... Is this the case? as I was unable to find any in the current showhouse? Anyone living in current Pahse any idea on the no. of cat 5 points in the house?

Fair enough :)

Yeah I have heard figures upwards of €435k for 4 beds???

€100k extra for a bedroom and entertainment room seems way over the average for room costings.

In the last phase in BC the difference between the 3 bed and the 4 bed semi was 75k I think.

• Advertisement

Bill is the foreman

Yeah all the houses are wired for Cat5e and coax.

Advertisement