Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1991 Mercedes 190

Options
  • 27-02-2017 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, looking for some advice. I have a 1991 Mercedes 190d, was on the road up to 6 months ago. Engine good but paintwork & upholstery not great. Do you think some classic car enthusiasts would be interested in buying it or should I just sell it for parts/scrap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

I would say, don't scrap it. If you no longer want it, put it on D.D. Vintage section, with a price that you are happy with, but remember, its not worth a lot, ( E 3/400 ) It has another 4 years to go before it is liable for cheap tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

If it's driveable then put it through the NCT and see what they say. If it fails, then the fail sheet will give a prospective buyer a better idea of what they'll be looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

mattroche wrote: »
    I would say, don't scrap it. If you no longer want it, put it on D.D. Vintage section, with a price that you are happy with, but remember, its not worth a lot, ( E 3/400 ) It has another 4 years to go before it is liable for cheap tax.

Where are the MODS? this is sacrilege.....are Adverts.ie not the sister site on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Try and sell it as a drivable car. Advertising it as a car suitable for parts will turn most people off it before even seeing it. If you bring it to a scrapyard, in reality you will get very little for it, around €100 if you are lucky.

I would imagin you'll get around €250 on donedeal. Advertise it on a thursday evening and I would expect you'll have cash in your pocket by Sunday

You can try adverts.ie, but from my experience you have a lot of your time waste when selling low value items.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RebelRebel2

Thanks for the replies folks...next stop done deal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

What diesel is fitted, 4 or 5 cylinder, tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭john hanrahan

the mercedes 190 is gaining a little popularity i would be surprised if you couldn't sell it, especially if its a relatively easy project for someone.

have a look and see what others are selling for, they are a nice car

scrap as a last resort

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    :confused:

Have a look at the top right tab of your screen

Have a look at the top right tab of your screen

So what? Adverts.ie is not the best place to advertise a classic car for sale in Ireland. Adverts is ok but Donedeal is clearly the best.

Would be bad form to give someone poor advice. Loyalty shouldn't be above the truth!

Testacalda wrote: »
    So what? Adverts.ie is not the best place to advertise a classic car for sale in Ireland. Adverts is ok but Donedeal is clearly the best.

Would be bad form to give someone poor advice. Loyalty shouldn't be above the truth!

you know, this sort of thing is like pubs in country towns......loyalty is a moveable feast. Adverts might be king some day!

• Advertisement

Adverts might be king some day!

...but not today !

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RebelRebel2

Hi Folks...OP here again. Managed to sell the car at the weekend. A neighbour has a friend a mechanic who was interested in a car like this as a project. Bought for €400 so very happy with that. Thanks 😀

Advertisement