Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Awe. Sounded like the perfect opportunity to give Wong a big role.

Now THAT woulda been cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Production on Infinity War and the untitled sequel started today, from The Russo Brothers Facebook.
    Day #1 of Infinity.

16142701_920545661414700_248100019430400684_n.jpg?oh=bcdca5fb4ed48d4acf1958638da36638&oe=59180FB8

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The new Avengers logo

16122491_1258143614273813_582592032866828288_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQzNTA1MzMyMzk1NTA3ODA0NQ%3D%3D.2

Guardians Superbowl Spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement

Coulson needs to be in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Coulson needs to be in this.

Coulson totally won't return to the films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I don't really follow AoS. I assume the roster knows Coulson is alive and well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Delighted we're finally moving onto infinity war. I felt like this has been a cloud hanging over the last few films.

While the films have remained largely enjoyable there was very little threat to be felt as you know this is what they are building towards.

Still really looking forward to Guardians and Thor at the same time.

But now we have most of the undercard out of the way it's time to move towards the main event. :D

Ben Gadot wrote: »

I've don't follow it myself but it was a terrible call to bring him back. Totally devalues his story in the first avengers. So I really hope he's nowhere near the films.

• Advertisement

In that clip Feige made what they set out to do 10/12 years ago sound so easy. Fair play to him as he's done everything more or less right. Even on the tougher decisions that he got grief over such as Wright.

My only regrets is that I didn't get to see Norton build on what he started. Ruffalo is fine in the role but I always got an oceans 11 type vibe off his casting.

Ben Gadot wrote: »

Nope. I've stopped watching but last I saw, Sif guest starred and Coulson asked her not to tell Thor cos he wanted to tell him himself.
    I've don't follow it myself but it was a terrible call to bring him back. Totally devalues his story in the first avengers. So I really hope he's nowhere near the films.

Indeed. And the likelihood of them reintroducing him to the films is pretty low so it devalues the show and it's constant assertions that it's part of the MCU. The show should have starred Maria Hill.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Coulsons status has pretty much been put to bed at this stage, it just doesn't come up, nor does his relationship with the Avengers. I'm one episode behind with season 4, but the show pretty much exists on the periphery of the Avengers' plotlines, with the obvious exception such as the Sakovia Accords shaping events.

Heck, Coulson being alive isnt even the biggest divergence between TV and film landscapes, given SHIELD is back up and running on de telly, in the public eye too, while IIRC the movies haven't referenced it at all since Captain America 2 dismantled the while organisation.

It's not impossible that Coulson and SHIELD couldn't pop up in future films, but for now it seems intentionally divorced.

I get why they did it all the same. New show, they wanted that face that people recognize and make it clear that its the same universe as the films.

But from that point of view, yeah Cobie Smulders should have been the one and I'd even say shes a much bigger name than Clark Gregg with How I met your mother behind her.

As long as Agent Coulson doesn't appear in the films I'll be happy to go with his film story and forget the rest.

Is Pepper down to have a cameo?

She'd want to be there at least in a cameo. It'd be kinda lame if we don't see see her again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

If she does, they should recast.. No one would really care..

Why recast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

She has no interest in returning...

All this recasting lark ....I only ever gave a **** when Eddie Norton left and when Rhodie was...but that's mostly because Terence Howard had a certain charisma while I've never really liked Don Cheadie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

pixelburp wrote: »
    Coulsons status has pretty much been put to bed at this stage, it just doesn't come up, nor does his relationship with the Avengers. I'm one episode behind with season 4, but the show pretty much exists on the periphery of the Avengers' plotlines, with the obvious exception such as the Sakovia Accords shaping events.

Heck, Coulson being alive isnt even the biggest divergence between TV and film landscapes, given SHIELD is back up and running on de telly, in the public eye too, while IIRC the movies haven't referenced it at all since Captain America 2 dismantled the while organisation.

When SHIELD was working under the radar they get referenced at both the start (the intel) and end (the heilicarrier) of AOU, just not directly by name.

There has only been the Dr Strange movie since SHIELD went public again on the TV show and that movie had no reason to reference SHIELD as it was extremely self contained from the larger MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Foxtrol wrote: »
    When SHIELD was working under the radar they get referenced at both the start (the intel) and end (the heilicarrier) of AOU, just not directly by name.

There has only been the Dr Strange movie since SHIELD went public again on the TV show and that movie had no reason to reference SHIELD as it was extremely self contained from the larger MCU.

Plus SHIELD are a much smaller unit now that they're back. They're unlikely to be able to have anywhere near as big an impact on world affairs as they did pre-Winter Soldier.

Part 2 :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Massive huge spoiler wasted in new Guardians trailer. Wish I'd realised, would have avoided.

Massive huge spoiler wasted in new Guardians trailer. Wish I'd realised, would have avoided.

:( but thanks for the heads up was just about to watch it.

I'll stay well away from it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is it the bit at the very end? I wouldn't have thought it was a spoiler given
    all the casting news etc over the last year or so, but I guess if you've been avoiding all that too, yeah, it's a bit of a giveaway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Penn wrote: »
    all the casting news etc over the last year or so, but I guess if you've been avoiding all that too, yeah, it's a bit of a giveaway.

I just somehow managed to dodge it. Nevermind so...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Penn wrote:

I think Gunn has said that he was OK with it being "spoiled" as it happens early on and is not the main driving point of the film's plot.

Also didn't think it felt like a spoiler.

but it could feel like one I guess
    I think the real spoiler is that what he really looks like has been leaked in a set photo online. I haven't seen that yet though.

• Advertisement

Not a spoiler unless you've avoided almost everything to do with the movie. Kind of more revealing a moment that should have been kept for the film as now as soon as they appear in that area you'll know what is coming next.

But if you've read any news or even this thread I'd say you know what it is.

Advertisement