Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POCO Jeans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

Any further reviews on the jeans, now that people have had a chance to try and wash them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Any further reviews on the jeans, now that people have had a chance to try and wash them?

I have the off duty and the leather look. Very happy with the off duty. Wash and wear well, after washing the tighten up again and loosen as you wear. Like all jeans you need to take care of them. Follow washing and drying instructions etc

Not quite so wild about the leather look. That style I'm not so in love with. I don't think the money can be justified when compared to river Island etc they're very light weight but quite flimsy really. When I first pulled them up the belt loop snapped, I sent them back and they replaced them no problem. The leather looks are much closer to size than the other styles imo. I'm a 10 in the off duty and there's room to manoeuvre in them, the 10 in the leather look is a much snugger fit so I'm not sure the inbetween size rule applies to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Got the Saturday Nights in a size 8 as a Christmas present and they are lovely but slightly too big on me. I'll have to size down which is odd as I'm never a 6 in jeans. I thought the quality was great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 niamhv

My sister bought me the saturday nights for Christmas in a size 12. They were slightly too big on the waist and very baggy on the knees. Also quite low cut. Sent them back and got the slimmers in a size 10... have to say, v disappointed. They too are definitely not mid to high rise , imo they are low to mid rise. I thought they were going to be amazing. 👎ðŸ»Think I'll stick to Topshop. Can't go wrong with them. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

Went to the Pop up shop today and have to say I was disappointed :-( the only ones I bought were the leather look as I really liked the fit and quality thought the other jeans were bog standard and not worth the money €110for most I think? For me it's all about how your bum looks in them and didn't feel these were great at all so would prefer to buy 2 pairs of high street brand Ines. Think people are getting swept up in the marketing of them really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 livers

Went to the pop up in Dublin... loved the slimmers, went a size down in them. And loved the leather look but they didn't have any left in my size!! So I was told to order online and would have them Tuesday. Very disappointed to see free shipping is gone... it only lasted for 2 months. So adding another 4€ to the order is pricey enough when the jeans are already pricey! I ordered two sizes to compare (I didn't get to try on the day!) and one pair were perfect... sent the other pair back... cost €7!!! So it's quiet costly... I'd advise to go to pop up first thing in morn and try on every size your between and rule out any sizes and purchase there. If I were the Poco team I'd be offering a discount code to people for that weekend for free shipping as I went to the effort of going to the popup, queuing for an hour and half for them to not have my size !!

Ya good point! If you go to the pop up and they don't have any left they should certainly give you a code for free shipping and free return it's the least they can do. You spent €11 more than you needed to, that's not a lot to many but it is a lot when it's unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

So disappointed the free shipping is gone!!:(:(

She's just announced she's opening a pop up shop for 6 weeks in dundrum town centre. Apparently a large unit on level two with proper fit out etc

Will be going in for a nosey if nothing else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭thesultan

Digs wrote: »
    She's just announced she's opening a pop up shop for 6 weeks in dundrum town centre. Apparently a large unit on level two with proper fit out etc

Will be going in for a nosey if nothing else!

Does she only specify in denim jeans?

• Advertisement

thesultan wrote: »
    Does she only specify in denim jeans?

She has 7 styles, one of which are leather look, the others varying styles of denim.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

I love the look of the All Star... tempted! And white ones :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Gal44 wrote: »
    I love the look of the All Star... tempted! And white ones :)

I wouldnt pay €90 for a pair of white jeans. No matter how good they are, they will discolour over time.

I buy Salsa jeans if I'm buying a good investment pair, but typically black/white don't have a long shelf life so I'm much more likely to buy those colours in River Island/Topshop/Zara. Actually M&S and New Look sometimes have good options around €30/40.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I'm interested in getting a pair, I'd love to hear how they wear and was etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 drifter93

SarahJ wrote: »

I have 2 pairs....love the fit, unfortunately I haven't had them more than a month and one pair has developed a hole in the stitching where the pocket is connected....not happy considering the price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

drifter93 wrote: »
    I have 2 pairs....love the fit, unfortunately I haven't had them more than a month and one pair has developed a hole in the stitching where the pocket is connected....not happy considering the price

Bring it back and get a new pair/refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

SarahJ wrote: »

Are you in Dublin? I would definitely go to the store and ask for an exchange. Doubt they would give you a refund in the shop if you originally bought them online though.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

Oh no!! I would definitely give them that feedback and look for a exchange. For that price you would expect a lot more!

Oh no!! I would definitely give them that feedback and look for a exchange. For that price you would expect a lot more!

Ya I did get in contact with them and they wanted me to send them back to a po box and then they would replace them when they had looked at them...and if I was to bring them to the shop they want my returns form which I don't have now as I was happy with them so threw it away :/ planning to head out to the shop and see what they say....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Bought my fiancee a pair for Xmas. Took them out of the wash the other day to discover they are pretty much split in two.

She emailed them explained they were a gift and bought online. Got the same speal as the other poster, want them sent back to a PO box at our own cost.

Will land up at the store at the weekend and see what the gig is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Littlespace

Hi there,

I was googling mama to be reviews and your thread came up.

I bought a pair about three months in and I've just ordered a pair of top shop Leigh maternity jeans as the pocos are irritating my legs big time! The under the bump band is very thick and heavy, very little give in it. The denim, alough good quality, has very little stretch so they don't realy grow wih you unless you are really lucky and are just all bump! I'm not, I've put on a lovely girdle of weight and the pocos are starting to dig into me. Now, if they were a little bit higher rise like the top shop ones then I might have gotten another few weeks out of them, but as it stands, they've been put away into he post baby section of the wardrobe. They'll be grand when I shrink a bit.

Quality is good, but worth the money? I don't think so. They are on par with asos and topshop maternity jeans for sure. Those are the only other brands I've tried.

Because they are a mid rise they definitely don't stay up, they didn't stay up when they fitted perfectly, and they definitely don't stay up now. As I said, if they were a bit higher on the back they'd stay up longer.

One last thing......pippa doesn't offer free returns! The pocos are posted in a lovely box and that's inside another box to to return them costs €7.40. When I ordered mine they sent me the completely wrong style and size, but I still had to pay the return postage inspite of asking if anything could be done seeing as it was t my fault at all. So be mindful of that!

Final recommendation, leave the band wagon roll on by and go for a different cosier comfier brand. Pocos are dear, you could get two pairs of topshops for a few quid more!

They don't do exchange either (well they didn't at xmas when I returned mine by post)
    I wanted to return for a size down and was told I'd have to just get my refund and repurchase. Not a big deal really but just said I'd inform.

Interesting! It's all just a snap chat trend. Excellent media to spread the word by sending out loads of pairs of jeans to bloggers. I won't be ying any of the normal ones after the baby comes!

So if the jeans you order don't fit perfectly and you want to "exchange" you have to add on €14.80 to the price! Fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Bought my fiancee a pair for Xmas. Took them out of the wash the other day to discover they are pretty much split in two.

She emailed them explained they were a gift and bought online. Got the same speal as the other poster, want them sent back to a PO box at our own cost.

Will land up at the store at the weekend and see what the gig is.
    Tbh you'd be mad not to send them back, it is your statutory right after all. I'd also be requesting to be refunded the cost of postage, any retailer I've worked with have offered this. They will need the product to see that there is a flaw and also to send back to their own supplier.

Tbh from reading here and seeing complaints on Twitter it's very clear that whoever is running the show in POCO has no on the ground retail experience!

I think there's good intention there, they seem to be trying to their best but and they were very quick to reply to me when I emailed but my requests for prepaid postage or a refund of postage were pretty much ignored. She's a very popular girl and has exploited his to her own gain, fair play to her! I'd do it too! But maybe draw on the expertise of more experienced business people along the way.

I would definitely stick to topshop...all my other jeans are topshop ,they're extremely comfortable, look great and I have never had then rip...even after 2 to 3 years of consistent wear....and the midrise is fit is also quite uncomfortable to be honest, it digs in to the hips and I'd say I'm quite slim but it leaves a fairly unflattering "muffin top"...have a pair of 20 euro zara jeans that are mid rise and are far more flattering....on top of that for the price I paid I would have expected better customer service

I've a few pairs of €50 jeans from Topshop that have lasted me 2/3 years. Poco's are double the price so I'd expect them to last longer than that, i doubt they will it'll be interesting to see.

Well mine had been washed about 4 times and then a hole appeared, and these were not jeans I wore regularly because of the mid rise digging in...my topshop keep there shape so well and have never ever ripped even though I wear them to death...l'll know in future not to base my purchases on snapchat ...

• Advertisement

On a slightly different note but still pippa related, anyone tried the pippa pallette? Off on hols on Saturday and need to cut everything down to a minimum for carry on?

Advertisement