Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car from Malta

Options
  • 17-02-2017 5:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

I have seen a car from Malta advertised. As anyone here important one from that country before? I have imported a car from NZ and Oz but am unfamiliar with Malta.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

Tried to years ago, but unless you can fly out and drive it back yourself in the low season, the huge transport costs will soon outweigh the bargain value. Also note, not unlike "Cuba" it was very expensive to get a car on the island in the first place, so any car that is registered in Malta is generally pretty much well used/fixed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

Malta is famous for it old fleet public of busses, that are sadly recently retired. While  I was in malta last yr i was sitting out side a bar when a big dirty Blue and Yellow city link bus drove past, i didnt believe it until i saw the reg also , 02 G 1234,

so moral of the story if theyt can export buss out there there no reason why you can drive a car back here,

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

No Problem getting a car from Malta i know of a few that came from there Facebook is the place to find the transporter he takes car to & from the Uk so you would only need to either drive it or get another courier from Kent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Drive it back, I would.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Car99 wrote: »
    Drive it back, I would.

sure-it-would.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement