Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a beautiful fcuking day....

• 30-12-2016 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

..lovely spring day.:pac:...hope yez were all out ..went down to Rathnew, across to Avoca ,back up to Laragh...nice to feel a bit of heat...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

..lovely spring day.:pac:...hope yez were all out ..went down to Rathnew, across to Avoca ,back up to Laragh...nice to feel a bit of heat...:)

Were you in a char-a-banc or a rickshaw ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Saw a good few bikes out today. But the roads are a bit greasy around where I live - traction control kicking in on the car without me acting the maggot. Puts me off at the mo tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

SeamusG97 wrote: »
    Saw a good few bikes out today. But the roads are a bit greasy around where I live - traction control kicking in on the car without me acting the maggot. Puts me off at the mo tbh.

Turn it off and just enjoy the ride.........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,375 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Turn it off and just enjoy the ride.........:)

Move house. It's the only obvious answer

listermint wrote: »
    Move house. It's the only obvious answer

No..the obvious answer was "dont be a girl, and get out on the bike"......:p

Just heading out again....

• Advertisement

No..the obvious answer was "dont be a girl, and get out on the bike"......:p

Just heading out again....

Hope you had a good spin Max.

Bit of rain overnight will wash away most of the cow****e that's been building up on the roads here so might make a spin the first thing in 2017!

Have a safe year all.
    Edit: Had a blast around south Limerick this morning. Perfect day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cracking day today for the bike....had a good blast over to a relative today. Lovely crisp day and no too much traffic.....ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Had the same deal in the car couple days back, TC kicked in pulling out onto a major road even when taking it handy. The spot of rain yesterday sorted that though, cracker today.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Had the same deal in the car couple days back, TC kicked in pulling out onto a major road even when taking it handy. The spot of rain yesterday sorted that though, cracker today.

Yes was like one big oil spill for miles around home the last few weeks. - agricultural/HGV traffic the cause with no rain to wash it off. Alll grand now. Just need to get better winter gloves. Very Frigid Digits on the run today.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

It was a grand few days with just one bad weather front crossing over on Saturday afternoon/night depending where you were in the country. Did Limerick - Belmullet return..... we needed to get some saddle time in and bed down some kit.

PS the N59 Ballina to Belmullet is a nice biking road IMO, especially section from Belacorrick to Belmullet. The road R312 from Belacorrick down to Castlebar is tough work, you just gotta take it handy on that one.

• Advertisement

No excuses, dangerous roads, barriers.tolls etc......you'd better have all been out today....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

2 calipers off the beast have parts need a new head for myself with this bird flu I have. No biking for me for about 5 weeks now ffs between one thing and another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

No excuses, dangerous roads, barriers.tolls etc......you'd better have all been out today....:)

I was, but the weather was sheeite here in Galway. Constant light drizzle, sheeite and muck on the roads too but hey I got to have a spin other than a commute! I also found some new fishing spots. Happy enough with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Alvaro Tender News

I was coaching at a Judo competition today so missed it, but it [the weather] must have got to me because I'd a nap after and was dreaming I was stunting :/

I was coaching at a Judo competition today so missed it, but it [the weather] must have got to me because I'd a nap after and was dreaming I was stunning:/

Ye spelt that wrong there Ted.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Rec/reg is busted :(

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Alvaro Tender News

Ye spelt that wrong there Ted.....:P

Dammit, you reminded me of Aidan Lynam with the 'Ted'.. And then I flew back to see if I'd made a typo :p

My stunting is stunning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I did my first proper spin of the year and went up to Dundalk for the weekend . Took the R132 all the way up, great day for it and apart from slightly damp roads it was a grand spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

16 degrees this afternoon over in Surrey,sun spliting the skies down at Hampton Court Palace.:D

Advertisement