Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sniper Elite 4

• 13-02-2017 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Launches tomorrow 14 February 2017 on PC/XBONE/PS4.

Reviews are coming out now which put it on a 79 average on Metacritic so far.

IGN: 8.3
    GameSpot: 8.0
    GameInformer: 78
    AttackOfTheFanboy: 80.
    XboxAchievements: 85.

Beautiful, gory, and solid sniping, but marred by inconsistent AI, and an average story.

I have played V2, III and I have pre-ordered 4. Turn your brain off and shoot Nazis in the testicles and have a great time.

as1DQMZTAGbzNOrRAI3z_B2lHUlJ.gif

Anyone else picking this up?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm tempted too, since I watched a video of gameplay at the weekend and was very impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,259 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I was thinking of waiting and seeing how Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 reviews but previews are saying it's inconsistent so I might pick this up in the next few weeks. Love a good sniper game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

This game is excellent, especially in co-op. The entire campaign can be played two-player but there are also survival and spotter modes that shift the focus well. The story isn't exactly Shakespeare but it is told well enough and interesting. Haven't tried the online yet but I expect it to be passable.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭paulie13

Anyone know the cheapest bricks and mortar shop to get this in in Dublin? Gamestop will be selling for €74.99 which is pretty extortionate in my opinion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

paulie13 wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest bricks and mortar shop to get this in in Dublin? Gamestop will be selling for €74.99 which is pretty extortionate in my opinion.

Argos maybe?

• Advertisement

Argos maybe?

Thanks for the suggestion. Fingers crossed!

• Just took a look at the trophy / achievements
    The Nutcracker – Sweet! – Incapacitate an enemy, then shoot them in the testicles
    :D

Just took a look at the trophy / achievements
    The Nutcracker – Sweet! – Incapacitate an enemy, then shoot them in the testicles
    :D

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hovering over the buy button then I realised I never finished the 3rd one.

Actually, just ordered on amazon.co.uk for €50 (£41) for the limited edition (free skin and Fuhrer level). Can't imagine Argos or anywhere else beating that.

• Advertisement

Pre loading :o

• paulie13 wrote: »
    Actually, just ordered on amazon.co.uk for €50 (£41) for the limited edition (free skin and Fuhrer level). Can't imagine Argos or anywhere else beating that.

Yeah but with argos it's not a lottery of whether or not your game gets delivered if Ascendia have anything to do with the shipping, unless your going the parcel motel/prime route?

Always reading about ascendia and amazon on here, never once have I had an item delivered by them and I buy a fair amount of ****e from amazon. Can I assume Ascendia do not dublin orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I found them all very very samey, I know its a sniper game but they even look the same.....might be worth getting it down the road heavily discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

its 54.99 from Littlewoods,not bricks and mortar but still 20 cheaper than GS

• Day one dlc, 9.99 if you didn't pre order, and it's the Hitler stuff that was heavily featured in some of the promo stuff I saw, and from the achievement list it's substantial enough :mad:

Not listed on Argos at the minute.

EDIT: 64.99 in smyths

Day one dlc, 9.99 if you didn't pre order, and it's the Hitler stuff that was heavily featured in some of the promo stuff I saw, and from the achievement list it's substantial enough :mad:

Not listed on Argos at the minute.

i was going to pre order,but hmv gamecredit ****ed up and basically i got charged for 80€ credit but only received 1 working code.. and they are not exactly quick to fix stuff.. so i lost out in the pre-order bonus.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Always reading about ascendia and amazon on here, never once have I had an item delivered by them and I buy a fair amount of ****e from amazon. Can I assume Ascendia do not dublin orders?

They do, I've had stuff go missing, been delayed and I've cancelled orders with Asendia/Amazon. They are very hit an miss. Miss mostly in my experience.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    They do, I've had stuff go missing, been delayed and I've cancelled orders with Asendia/Amazon. They are very hit an miss. Miss mostly in my experience.

Ordered Monday, arrived this morning. Never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have used them before and they have worked but (in my limited experience) more often than not they haven't.

• Advertisement

No way was that asendia anyway, an post ID say.

No way was that asendia anyway, an post ID say.

Yup, An Post (tracking id as well). Haven't hit the other crowd yet thankfully.

On mission 7, must say I'm really enjoying the game, would too try co op.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's available for £40 from Simply Games for PS4 and Xbox now. Includes the DLC.

http://www.simplygames.com/p/sniper-ghost-warrior-3-limited-edition-ps4

Good/ not good?

Reviews are mixed and as its made by a UK company EG gave it like 109% as they always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,259 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It's available for £40 from Simply Games for PS4 and Xbox now. Includes the DLC.

http://www.simplygames.com/p/sniper-ghost-warrior-3-limited-edition-ps4

That's the other sniper game out in April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's the other sniper game out in April :)

What there's two different ones :confused:

It is a far better game than Sniper Elite 3.. everything has been improved.. The MP is actually worth playing now too..

Good/ not good?

Reviews are mixed and as its made by a UK company EG gave it like 109% as they always do.

I'm loving it, having a lot of fun with it.

• Advertisement

Good/ not good?

EG dont give review scores though

Advertisement