Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clonmel1650 in Dublin City Centre

• 15-02-2017 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi Guys sorry if this is in the wrong thread but recently I've noticed my fav Alcoholic beverage has gone missing from the spots I had it in such as the Backpage Phibsboro, Grand Social, Darkey Kelly's and O'Connells. I've been told by a friend they still sell it in TP Smiths Although he said it was horrible. Anyone know somewhere in Dublin CC where I could get it?. Can honestly say nicest beer or ale I've ever tasted great on the stomach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I remember seeing it in Kennedys Westland Row (near Pearse St station) a while back... just noting it in case you don't get a more definite lead.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's made by the same crowd as Bulmers. Possibly have seen it in O'Neils

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

They had upstairs it in The Harbourmaster in the IFSC when I was at a function there recently, so presumably they have it in the main bar as well. That said, it was rotten altogether, I had one mouthful and left the rest of the pint untouched. Don't know if that was because it was in the function room and the tap mightn't get much use, or if it always tastes that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hibernia93

Zaph wrote: »
    They had upstairs it in The Harbourmaster in the IFSC when I was at a function there recently, so presumably they have it in the main bar as well. That said, it was rotten altogether, I had one mouthful and left the rest of the pint untouched. Don't know if that was because it was in the function room and the tap mightn't get much use, or if it always tastes that bad.
    Thanks but I'd imagine it was the pint itself not the drink it's very nice I've yet to be in the company of anyone who didn't enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You could also look out for Pana Cork Lager.
    Same thing.

(or was that withdrawn or again rebadged due to bad publicity?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I think The Church has it. The grand launch was there.
    Hibernia93 wrote: »
    I've yet to be in the company of anyone who didn't enjoy it.
    We must meet up and not have a pint some time.

Haha Beernut thanks for the sarcasm I'm surprised think it's fantastic personally.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hibernia93 wrote: »
    Thanks but I'd imagine it was the pint itself not the drink it's very nice I've yet to be in the company of anyone who didn't enjoy it.

You're the first person I've heard not think it was extremely poor. C&C's beers are all poor from my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Patww79 wrote: »
    Like clockwork! Have you tried it, Pat? Do you know where in Dublin the OP can buy it?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

L1011 wrote: »
    You're the first person I've heard not think it was extremely poor. C&C's beers are all poor from my experience.

Tough crowd. Heineken drinkers don't like it as it's not Heineken; craft beer snobs don't like it because it's not craft beer.

For what it is, an Irish lager, it's not bad. There are a lot worse, including Heineken and lots of Irish craft lagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Patww79 wrote: »
    Macro, something about piss, etc.

*knowingly strokes beard*

Do you monitor the Internet for instances of beer snobbery?

Think I spotted it in Courtney's in Lucan before (Clonmel, not beer snobbery). Probably not much use to you OP :)

Thanks I walked past Buskers Temple bar there and noticed on the pavement on display on one of the signs I'll give that a go next week. I'm utterly shocked it's so poorly liked here I'm not huge drinker myself think it's the nicest I've ever had cheers for the help all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

n97 mini wrote: »
    Tough crowd. Heineken drinkers don't like it as it's not Heineken; craft beer snobs don't like it because it's not craft beer.

For what it is, an Irish lager, it's not bad. There are a lot worse, including Heineken and lots of Irish craft lagers.

I don't like it because it tastes disgusting, though. I'd invite you to go through my recycling bin to see some of the stuff I will drink; had I not emptied them on Wednesday :pac:

Roundstone by C&C is only vaguely more tolerable. Tennants (which they now own) is basically teenage fight fuel and nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Isn't it based on Heineken? Try drinking that instead?

Effects wrote: »
    Isn't it based on Heineken? Try drinking that instead?

Considering they're made by different companies in different plants; I doubt it. Unless you're of the "all lagers are the same" viewpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

L1011 wrote: »
    Considering they're made by different companies in different plants; I doubt it. Unless you're of the "all lagers are the same" viewpoint.

More likely it's Bulmers marketing people asking for a beer to be as close to Heineken as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Not quite dublin city centre but bram stokers in clontarf have it on draught. All pints 4.50 tonite. Its a short trip on the 130 bus and they have lovely views of the seafront from tables outside.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
Advertisement