Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March intake 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

It says on the letter has to be returned with confirmation form.

Oh yeah the bold writing, oops

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lynxbro

Homer01 wrote: »
    That's really weird to drop that. Would be good to find out the reasoning as I always thought it was nice touch bringing your nearest and dearest.

Yea I thought so to but they said there may be a day allocated during the course to family visiting? So I dunno lol

Notice letter typed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Lots to read in the pack but I suppose much of it is simply expansion and clarification on points you'd already have known and considered fairly standard going in. All very real now. I cannot wait. Maybe it's just me but does anyone else feel they really need to get a lot of general personal stuff in order now in advance of when the all consuming training process begins. Like a deep breath before the plunge. I expect it to be almost completely demanding of our time for the next 5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

Im hoping im in this intake guys, i have a conditional offer! Praying i get a definite offer but i shall see you all at the induction :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

Im hoping im in this intake guys, i have a conditional offer! Praying i get a definite offer but i shall see you all at the induction :)

A conditional offer? Is this in case someone pulls out?
    I wonder how many conditional offers were made on top of people who got the actual call?

A conditional offer? Is this in case someone pulls out?
    I wonder how many conditional offers were made on top of people who got the actual call?

Yeah thats it! They said they were contacting a number of people, howeveri just know of myself and another person on here. Heres to hoping!

No pack today, hopefully tommorow!

Conditional offer now a definite offer!! :)

Have u recieved a pack yet or due to now that it is a definite? My pack still hasn't came :/ feel like a child waiting at the window for post lol

• Advertisement

Lynxbro wrote: »

Have u recieved a pack yet or due to now that it is a definite? My pack still hasn't came :/ feel like a child waiting at the window for post lol

Nope i havent got my pack either! Can't wait to get it :)

Congrats!!

Has anyone else not received their welcome pack yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Barkly

Has anyone else not received their welcome pack yet?

Me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

Hey guys,

Can someone pm me recruitments number

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Obviously we don't know the circumstances but it's mind boggling to me that people would go through everything in the last 18 months and then drop out.

Congrats to all those starting in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Hey guys,

Can someone pm me recruitments number

I think 101 and ask for recruitment is the easiest way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ghostbuster123

Hi Guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Finally got the call last week :)..just a quick one has anyone had any issues trying to access the online learning, was told on the phone that more will be available before we enter GV.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Pottergirl16

I'm assuming that we will get details after the induction.

Thanks, I've sent them an email just awaiting a response back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Hi Guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Finally got the call last week :)..just a quick one has anyone had any issues trying to access the online learning, was told on the phone that more will be available before we enter GV.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that online learning opens again after induction.

Edit: found it. It was in the initial guidance booklet we got at the very start.

'In addition, potential recruits will be expected to undertake a further 5 hours of online learning after attending the Induction Weekend. This material is mostly based upon the first week of training in the College.'

Now you say this, they did advise this on the call. I just clearly didn't take it all in as I was too excited!

Thanks Homer 👠Was just worrying that it had to be completed before the induction.

Still no welcome pack for me today :(

Have you contacted them to see when you should get it? Just seems to be getting very late as it has to be returned before induction.

Have you contacted them to see when you should get it? Just seems to be getting very late as it has to be returned before induction.

Rang them yesterday and they said to give it another day or two! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Barkly

Still no welcome pack for me today :(

Got mine today but I'm only a conditional still

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Guys in the welcome pack in the forms to be completed there's an appointment date it asks for. Is this our induction date or our actual start date for training?

I put down the start date, also I had to ring up the training college to confirm my car reg.

• Advertisement

I put appointment date down as the date they sent out the letter of appointment? Maybe I was wrong :/

Advertisement