Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Worldmap23

First time poster here. Got my vetting last week and was wondering if someone could answer a few things. I took a speed awareness course a few years back (no points), do I declare that in the convictions? If so how would i go about finding the exact date etc? Thanks in advance for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Worldmap23 wrote: »
    First time poster here. Got my vetting last week and was wondering if someone could answer a few things. I took a speed awareness course a few years back (no points), do I declare that in the convictions? If so how would i go about finding the exact date etc? Thanks in advance for your help!

I didn't as it's not a conviction so you'll be good.

Tomahawk7 wrote: »
    Quick question guys. I remember having a penalty to pay for not wearing a seatbelt about 9 years ago and had to pay a £60 fine and 3 points I think. Where would I get this information to get the right details? And also in the space asking for police station do I put down the station I surrendered my licence? So confusing lol

The quickest option is to call DVA in Coleraine and they should be able to help. Just say it's for a job application but they'll probably not even ask.

0300 200 7861

Or you could make a Subject Access Request.

https://www.psni.polic...ject-access-request/

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

For the vetting, do i need to provide any details of passport etc there is a part with passport number etc but it looks like they are meant to fill that out not us??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tomahawk7

I'd like to know this also. Is this the 'sponsors' bit recruit099?

• Advertisement

Yes tomahawk it's the only bit where I see anything remotely to do with identification but says sponsors unless your photo is good enough haha!

That is for the PSNI to complete as they are your sponsors so leave it blank.

So Homer you don't send of any ID or put any details of ID down??

recruit099 wrote: »

Correct, they will do that. Anything that says sponsors is for them; pages 27-29 etc.

Homer01 wrote: »

Correct, they will do that. Anything that says sponsors is for them; pages 27-29 etc.
    fair enough just seemed very strange not having to put anything down in it at all haha!

• Advertisement

They really should clarify that one. I think people have filled it in previously as they knew someone who had security clearance but it's for their vetting department.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Is it SC or CTC we are completing? As there is a section in the forms that state you don't need to fill it out if it is for CTC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Is it SC or CTC we are completing? As there is a section in the forms that state you don't need to fill it out if it is for CTC.

If that's the sponsor section leave it out that's not for us to fill in

Timetravel wrote: »
    If that's the sponsor section leave it out that's not for us to fill in

It's the financial history section.

In the financial part it's all yes no questions anyway is it not

In the financial part it's all yes no questions anyway is it not

Pretty much but you are only to complete it if it is for SC and not for CTC, so I'm unsure if it applies to us.

Are we not getting SC checked then getting CTC checked

Are we not getting SC checked then getting CTC checked

Not sure. The information provided makes no direct reference to what we are actually filling the forms in for, other than the fact it is for vetting purposes.

It does mention on the forms that they are used for both SC and CTC. The only sections that ask what type of security clearance is required (SC or CTC) are for the sponsors to complete.

I imagine I'd be better off filling it in, as providing too much information should hopefully not be a problem, but I just wanted see if anyone else had filled that particular section.

Do they still run credit checks when vetting?

I passed a few weeks ago but no search on credit report, not that I'm complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alphaquebec4

Do they still run credit checks when vetting?

I passed a few weeks ago but no search on credit report, not that I'm complaining.

I had mine checked Homer.

• Advertisement

And did it clearly show up under credit searches?

And did it clearly show up under credit searches?

Yes mate. You will know when you see it. Use experia credit if your not.

I'm on Clearscore, maybe it'll appear next month. Not that it matters just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Not sure the likes of clearscore/noddle are as accurate or go into as much detail as experian.

I'm on Clearscore, maybe it'll appear next month. Not that it matters just curious.

Ditch clear score mate its rubbish. You will see it on experia.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Muffins5520

What can you actually fail vetting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pumba91

Random question…and probably getting way ahead of myself but if there is an issue with vetting (being honest I have a juvenile caution) what's the procedure? Particularly if they deny you vetting and you appeal what happens? Do you get a chance to actually talk to someone?

Just trying to be prepared in case…anyone that's actually had issues would be really helpful

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Pretty sure in my many years on this forum that i've read every page of the vetting thread and the recurring theme is that it's the failure to disclose rather than the actual offences that lead to people failing vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Muffins5520

. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 rm2211

Anyone on here got the number for recruitment?

Advertisement