Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pumba91

Anyone know if they check your siblings social media?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Timetravel wrote: »
    You joking? I thought they only creeped on that stuff before GV

I honestly don't know but it'll do no harm to tighten those privacy settings.

If I worked in vetting I'd certainly Google your name or stick it in Facebook; NI is a small place.

I wouldn't put too much focus of things like that though certainly not siblings or what friends post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

I've seen a few people in the past say about the financial stuff on the vetting, does anyone know if a student loan would come under this? cause I always fire that stuff in the bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alphaquebec4

I've seen a few people in the past say about the financial stuff on the vetting, does anyone know if a student loan would come under this? cause I always fire that stuff in the bin!

Don't worry about that Timetravel they don't look at that

Don't worry about that Timetravel they don't look at that

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 PotentialPC

Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster. Wondering if anyone could give me some advice?

In regards to home addresses, ive been living with my girlfriend for around a year now in her house. The house is in her name and i guess technically my legal address is still my parents house.

What way would I handle this on the vetting forms? Surely someone has been in a similar situation and can offer some help.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lynxbro

Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster. Wondering if anyone could give me some advice?

In regards to home addresses, ive been living with my girlfriend for around a year now in her house. The house is in her name and i guess technically my legal address is still my parents house.

What way would I handle this on the vetting forms? Surely someone has been in a similar situation and can offer some help.

As far as I can remember u need to declare anybody u are In a relationship with so you are better off putting it down and mentioning that in the notes section :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PotentialPC

I wasn't planning on pretending she didnt exist lol but im more interested in what way I should go about it as like i say i technically still live at home, but i dont if you know what i mean?

I would put both down. If you don't and they find out it will end in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Smilo89

I am currently not in my own house that I am registered to due to work being carried out, I am in rented. I just stated in the notes section the reason behind it. So as long as you give an explanation you'll be fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

Just received confirmation of cleared vetting from recruitment my AC score was 61

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Quick question re: the 'partner' section. Just for clarity even if you're no longer together we're still listing them as your 'partner' their address, parents details etc...yes?

Children, over 16s only too?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

This may sound like a daft question, however it doesn't indicate otherwise.

With regards to the Character Reference, can the two nominated persons be resident at the same address as each other?

This may sound like a daft question, however it doesn't indicate otherwise.

With regards to the Character Reference, can the two nominated persons be resident at the same address as each other?

I didn't read anywhere that said it had to be different but I just put down two different ones to be safe

I didn't read anywhere that said it had to be different but I just put down two different ones to be safe

That's what I was thinking, and what I did in my first application.

I'm putting down different references from my last application as I would be in contact with them more and they would know me better now than my previous references.

Not sure what to do.

That's what I was thinking, and what I did in my first application.

I'm putting down different references from my last application as I would be in contact with them more and they would know me better now than my previous references.

Not sure what to do.

I didn't worry too much about it to be honest. i don't think there's much chance they'll be contacted so I just put down 2 people who I know are "responsible" and have known me for a long time. I was thinking far more of getting the forms sent back asap lol

I didn't worry too much about it to be honest. i don't think there's much chance they'll be contacted so I just put down 2 people who I know are "responsible" and have known me for a long time. I was thinking far more of getting the forms sent back asap lol

Lol I'm trying to get as much done in my days off this week and get the sent asap.

I'll put them down as I can't think of anyone better to be contacted for references. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

Do they check character references as a matter of routine? Or is it only if they feel the application needs it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Babybuns

How soon does vetting come after getting access to online learning

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pumba91

If there's an issue with your vetting how do they contact you, by letter, email, phone?

• Advertisement

Homer01 wrote: »
    Do they check character references as a matter of routine? Or is it only if they feel the application needs it?

It only says (if requested), so I'd assume they don't check every single candidates. It might be they take a random selection and then request references for those.

It only says (if requested), so I'd assume they don't check every single candidates. It might be they take a random selection and then request references for those.

I don't think mine were contacted but my vetting took ages and eventually passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Pottergirl16

Pumba91 wrote: »
    If there's an issue with your vetting how do they contact you, by letter, email, phone?

Letter

Sorry thats only if you fail. I forgot something and they emailed me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cuckoo123

Sorry guys, just filling in vetting and have had a search through the forum but not able to find anything conclusive.

Am I right in not putting down a parking ticket from 4 years ago that was issued by a traffic warden (and paid within the 28 days) as this is a penalty charge notice, rather than fixed penalty notice given by police?

Having a panic as I can't find any info on this within the guidance notes and can't remember the date I actually received it...

I had a parking ticket and never put it down and passed vetting. I dont think these need to be included. You could aways ring and ask to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

It says only put fixed penalty notices a traffic warden give out PCNs so they are classed as penalty charge notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cuckoo123

Great, thanks guys :-)

Babybuns wrote: »
    How soon does vetting come after getting access to online learning

You should have your vetting forms any day now. You have two weeks to complete and send back so you'll be fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Tomahawk7

Quick question guys. I remember having a penalty to pay for not wearing a seatbelt about 9 years ago and had to pay a £60 fine and 3 points I think. Where would I get this information to get the right details? And also in the space asking for police station do I put down the station I surrendered my licence? So confusing lol

Advertisement