Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy Spotting / Shopping Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Arquinsiel

I'm hopeful for one or two decent movie figures. They might try to go back to the glory days of the 2010 line or the RotF tie-in stuff and we'll get more Breachers and the like.

Or it'll be ****.

Either way I'll end up owning a Decepticon Volkswagen camper van though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

seibertron.com is reporting that Trypticon is getting a UK release.

sometime between feb and march by the looks of things , with the movie stuff to start turning up in april.

:)

Do i misunderstand, or are you speculating Generations Trypticon will be released in Feb-March?

Titan Glass Generation figures tend to show up summer at the earliest.

if Trypticon was releasing anywhere in the next two months, we'd have seen full images by now surely.

i'm not 100% Hasbro UK found a retailer yet... TRU exclusive still seems the least unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

far as i could take from the story on seibertron thats the time scale for when he's meant to be out.

the new york toy fare is this month from the 18th to the 21st and i think thats where he's meant to debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Mr. Price in Blanch had a few Transformers on the shelves.

16711861_10155011179743343_860130680578468441_n.jpg?oh=19634cb4485774fe4fe1420183f2c840&oe=593D94F3

Powerdive jet looks sweet. Not pushed enough on the robot to pick him up.
    NO G2 Megatron on the shelves thou.

On the RID side they had Sideswipe and Prime.
    Solid figures for the younger kids in your life.

He's a decent enough robot, but it really is the plane mode that makes him shine. I have him flying cover for Lugnut.

• Advertisement

Smyhts in cork has wave 3.

16684017_10158228391895113_5562877368955158299_n.jpg?oh=b12e59bf4262fd4dc8945ce7d450d750&oe=59023D35

Dublin city comics have had a reshuffle on their display bits.
    16388295_1250893054965200_9088813243096638752_n.jpg?oh=ba06b1e1b27ac9614c4e97dd2ad5384c&oe=5908ADDD

They also have this Starscream kit. It's a brilliant Starscream
    16729473_1257468500974322_4231929034239666660_n.jpg?oh=300ad93fd28eb43cf909255e4dca454c&oe=59492B37

Smyths in Swords had them today too. They seem to just be slow on the newer waves due to overstock of Leader class dudes.

titans returns TRYPTICON has been revealed.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-revealed/37324/

cant link the pic for some reason so heres the thread with it in it from seibertron.com.

bit of a weird one here.

i was messing about on the "smyths" website to check stuff out and sure enough the entire wave 3 deluxes for titans return are up on it which means we should be getting the lads on the shelves soon.

but i spotted THIS also

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-playsets/c-344/transformers/p-22316/transformers-generations-combiner-wars-computron-collection-pack/

i havent seen ANY of those packs instores here.

thought it was worth noting anyway should they turn up.

:D

bit of a weird one here.

i was messing about on the "smyths" website to check stuff out and sure enough the entire wave 3 deluxes for titans return are up on it which means we should be getting the lads on the shelves soon.

but i spotted THIS also

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-playsets/c-344/transformers/p-22316/transformers-generations-combiner-wars-computron-collection-pack/

i havent seen ANY of those packs instores here.

thought it was worth noting anyway should they turn up.

Second time they popped up. But they wouldnt process orders the frist time around. Not a bad price for the set. But I had to go with them Japanese release. Cause that nosecone leaves me Cold.

• Advertisement

But... Scrounge! And his special arm!

have to admit as a long time comic fan that scrounge DID hit all the right emotional buttons on me.

but its undeniable the unite warriors set is better looking.

still nice to see a set appear at all.

I only got the Marvel comics a few years back when I found the Titan reprints cheap at a con. Scrounge was just such a sad little dude. He really stuck out as having an actual personality rather than the otherwise crappy characterisation of the earlier Marvel stuff. The technobots on the other hand I forget exist with surprising regularity.

Arquinsiel wrote: »
    But... Scrounge! And his special arm!

Working on a comic Accurate version for ya Arquinsiel

Industries
    Be ready soon!

Used the last of my Smyths gift cards to pick up
    Hot Rod,Twinferno and Triggerhappy with the last of it.

But they can get ****ed if I'm getting Get{Break}away. Especially not with my own monies.
    Hope he gets treated to the Scrounge fate!

Hot Rod is a solid hot Rod. Some large shoulder cause possing problems in robot mode. And his face according to the nephew has a cold dead look to it.

Twinferno has a nice robot mode with interesting hands. But his alt mode suffers like Mindwipe. Ok from afar. But not really great up close.

Best of the trio is Triggerhappy.
    Great bot. Able to use his flippy guns in this mode. Armed up the jingyang in both modes. And his jet is quailty.

Vid from toyfair .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy0JbPrdHTI

Mother of god 2017 is gonna be great .

That trypticon is set for the fall though . :(

Still some great reveals here and good to see IDW are still gettin love in the form of nautica .

By the way check on Google for the last knight stuff . That leader megs is the FIRST. Film piece in an age to make me want him .

It's incredibly looking ( and finally we get somthing close to a decent fusion cannon look )

Edit

Dunno what's up with vid , here's linky

[Url] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy0JbPrdHTI[/url]

Tiggerhappy looks to be the only dude in wave 3 that I will bother to get.

MarkHall wrote: »

Used the last of my Smyths gift cards to pick up
    Hot Rod,Twinferno and Triggerhappy with the last of it.

But they can get ****ed if I'm getting Get{Break}away. Especially not with my own monies.
    Hope he gets treated to the Scrounge fate!

Hot Rod is a solid hot Rod. Some large shoulder cause possing problems in robot mode. And his face according to the nephew has a cold dead look to it.

Twinferno has a nice robot mode with interesting hands. But his alt mode suffers like Mindwipe. Ok from afar. But not really great up close.

Best of the trio is Triggerhappy.
    Great bot. Able to use his flippy guns in this mode. Armed up the jingyang in both modes. And his jet is quailty.

im the same with getaway. he's barely a repaint :D

triggerhappy is Deffo on my list of must haves. he's just gorgeous looking and prefer this to the metalhawlk repait thats due out down the line. i'll pick up hotrod if he's going cheap cause i DO love the fact ya can put a guy driving him now.

TR has really impressed me with just how faithful the updates of classics are to the originals with the bonus of incredible articulation.

was up in smyths in tallaght today and theyve got the wave 3 lads in.

everyone cept break[down]away.

no gosh though unfortunately so ill have to wait till next week to get triggerhappy and with em only hitting the shelves now there should be no problem :D

on an aside kapow have got broadsides and skyshadows in stock for those waiting for them. also smyths seem to have got sentinel primes and even the odd alpha trions back in .

Pains me to pass along this info knowing I can't get townward before next week.

But Sixshot has hit Toymaster along with
    Gnaw,Kickback and co.

Would have totally army built Gnaw!
    Enjoy lads.
    Also DUblin city comics and collectables Got back in more of those Seeker Model kits.
    16729473_1257468500974322_4231929034239666660_n.jpg?oh=3189ab9830248676f7011fe87e80c718&oe=5970B837

Seems like Gnaw is lost in a sea of Bumblebees, and Kickback is shortpacked this wave.

By which I mean I got both in Toymaster.

• Advertisement

What are their remaining numbers like Arquinsiel?

cheers for the heads up mark !

kapow have been out of six shot for ages and i regret not getting the lad so if i can pick up one of him tomorrow i will.

hopefully we'll all get a chance to pick up a few gnaws too.

by the way there was a story on seibertron about the next line (power of the primes) which makes it sound like targetmasters (or something like it, theres talk of weapons platforms). and they seem to be compatible with titan masters so they should fit in the alt modes of this line no prob and be to scale with the base's

anyway the BIG news is the Dinobots are finally getting released in that line, all of em. along with more of the latter g1 stuff like turbomasters from 88/89 . gotta be honest i dont care about the gimmick im just happy at the idea of modern day articulated G1 dinos. they should be bad ass. :D

the next titan after Trypticon is said to be Scorponok too. by the way kapow toys have the tarkara version of trypticon up on their site as a pre order for circa €233 with a release date for august so the Hasbro one should be out about the same time or prehaps a little earlier. going by what happened with fort max it looks like he should be circa €150 or so. though ya might have to wait for a sale price.

still least its a bit of info on the guy.

There's a Chinese vendor on eBay who has Gnaws to spare. Seems reliable.

Smyths don't seem to do Generations Legends anymore unfortunately,.

MarkHall wrote: »
    What are their remaining numbers like Arquinsiel?
    ****tons of Bumblebees, a couple of Gnaws, and I may have gotten the last or only Kickback. Seems like Insecticon fans might be sad, but Sharkticon army builders will at least have a chance.

Picked up my six shot in toymaster in jervis st today.

jesus you forget how big the leader class is. real chunky build to the lad. €60 for him which has me well happy as all the stuff online is far dearer. theres one left on the shelfs for those interested.

they had at least one kickback there as well as at least two Gnaws . €15 a peice . and a rake of the wave 3 stuff.

loads of hotrods.

thanks again mark as i wouldntve known if not for you lads.

I guess, looking back, based on the conversation I had in there that they're taking deliberate anti-scalper action then. While people might want to army build Gnaw there are people who have been hoping for Kickback for two years now to finish the Insecticons.

dropped into smyths in tallaght to have a root about and low and behold theyve got computron box sets in !

wasnt expecting that at all.

going for 85 quid (well 84.99 but you know what i mean)

Yeah. I think he's popped up in all the stores around Dublin.

Thanks to Arquinsiel I managed to pick up an Air Vehicon from HLJ.

But now I have to hit up Dublin city comics and clear out all their regular Vehicons.
    They may not have enough.

dropped into smyths in tallaght to have a root about and low and behold theyve got computron box sets in !

wasnt expecting that at all.

going for 85 quid (well 84.99 but you know what i mean)

Not a bad discount over original price?

But i still think it will go lower.. Even Leader class toys don't seem to do that well at retail?

• Advertisement

theres tons of the lad so i can see a reduction alright.

may even pick him up meself if the price is right.

on the "class" issue i dont think its fair to say leaders dont sell. its more of a character issue from what i can see.

starsceam has clout among the fanbase but even though skywarp was one of the original characters i really wanted back in the day i dont see anything to justify the simply nuts levels of supply of the guy out there. i didnt even buy the lad.

from what i can remember magnus FLEW out when he was in stock in retail here, and we never got any leader megatron (generations/armada) which is just nuts . jetfire was a no show too. i got mine off amazon.

so making ALL your leader class stock essentially niche characters like the seekers seems like a recepie for "shelfwarmers".

i mean i bet combiner wars megs would fly out if he came in.

Advertisement