Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend company to quote and fit blinds

• 08-02-2017 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good company to quote and fit blinds for a 3 bed house at a reasonable price?

We had some blinds when we moved in but not on all windows.

We're living in Clondalkin, dublin 22 so somewhere not too far that we could go look at the choices perhaps first.

Thanks 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

We used Hillary Blinds - they come and consult at your house.

They were very reasonable for blinds and they are always open for some haggling. The fitter was excellent but can't for the life of me remember his name. I'll try to dig it out.

We had a few house visits from lads who throw a book at you and then twiddle their thumbs saying 'it's all up to you' - 'I wouldn't want to say anything'

Needless to say they didn't get any business. The guy we had was excellent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

lawred2 wrote: »
    We used Hillary Blinds - they come and consult at your house.

They were very reasonable for blinds and they are always open for some haggling. The fitter was excellent but can't for the life of me remember his name. I'll try to dig it out.

We had a few house visits from lads who throw a book at you and then twiddle their thumbs saying 'it's all up to you' - 'I wouldn't want to say anything'

Needless to say they didn't get any business. The guy we had was excellent though.

Hi

Thanks a mil. I'll look them up and see what types they have 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Give https://ezifitblinds.ie a look, have used them for Roman blackout blinds and regular blinds in 2015. Found them very reasonable price wise compared to some of the more regular blind shops. Can't fault their blinds. They are Knocklyon based. They come out to measure and fit.

I am in no way affiliated with this company, just offering my experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

IL second ezfit. Have used them in both my housss, the most recent being 9 blinds including blackouts. Very reasonable regarding price and travelled nearly an hour to measure and then fit ours

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shel64

Just a thought, when I moved into my house ages ago though, I measured up the windows myself, looked on ebay and found a company in Norfolk uk who had loads of recommendations, they sent me samples and I chose my colour(ivory white painted wood) the blinds came and were cheap but beautiful, i then used the sample to match paint with it to have my kitchen painted the same colour, I suppose it takes trust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Hi rather than creating a new thread; any recommendations on a company that can fit blinds in Wexford Town area? We already have the blinds that was measured for our attic rooms but just need an expert to fit them. It will be difficult to get someone to fit them before christmas but I would appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.

Advertisement