Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clearout of old garage.

Options
  • 07-02-2017 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I have resumed the clear out of the old garage. Came across some more interesting old tools and equipment that hark back to a bygone time. Came across some interesting old jacks and large battery acid bottles and other bits and bobs. There are a few boxes and crates of old car parts that I have yet to examine.

IMG_1451_zpsj6cq89sx.jpg[/URL]

IMG_1437_zps9xavzqlj.jpg[/URL]

An old oil cabinet and beside it is an old wheel balancer (Ithink)

IMG_1439_zps1mcmgesk.jpg[/URL]

An old upright Ingersol Rand compressor linked into an extra bottle for extra capacity.

IMG_1444_zpsn0d0ghbd.jpg[/URL]

A machine for riveting brake and clutch linings.

IMG_1441_zpsseypdqmn.jpg[/URL]

A "B Type" Kadet estate.

IMG_1446_zpsjrvvwtlp.jpg[/URL]

A "D Type" Kadet. Rear wheel brought away to be pumped.

IMG_1440_zpsxwth36as.jpg[/URL]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

unfit2006 wrote: »
    A "D Type" Kadet. Rear wheel brought away to be pumped.
    My mate used to drive one exactly like that when we were in college in the 90s.

We used to call it the "chicken coop" on account of the hen noises the springs made on any uneven surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

I seem to recall that the 1.2 was considered a fairly reliable car. The 1.3 suffered camshaft problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ajmboyce

Some very interesting items there that would look well in a garage with an old car or two.

Are any of the items for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭conor2469

An interesting collection, looking forward to seeing how they clean up.

The D Type looks a lot better after a wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭junkyarddog

That Kadett D does look pretty decent.

What about the B estate,how good or bad is it?

That's quite a rare one.

Yes, the D Type is a solid little car and a relatively straightforward restoration. I also think that it would be a nice introduction for someone starting out in older car restoration. I am sure that other people could have different plans for it.

The B Type Caravan is straight and complete but there is a fair deal of corrosion. It would be a brave restoration. However, it is very original and would be a very good source of parts and trim for someone restoring a B.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

ajmboyce wrote: »
    Are any of the items for sale?

If any are, the OP is welcome to put them up in the sale / wanted / swaps thread.

Advertisement