Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

King Kong Company

• 30-01-2017 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

What's the deal with these guys? I've never seen them but they're playing my local venue on the 17 Feb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You should go, mental but quite good I have to say. I saw them in The Roisin Dubh in Galway on new years eve. Id go again if they were in town.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Been well impressed anytime I've seen them play. Go, you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yep saw them at the picnic knowing nothing about them, amazing show, wouldn't normally be into that type of music but blown away by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Yep, go see them. Waterford based band but booking festivals all over Europe this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭andyoz

Thanks, eveyone's saying that but I'm not really 'getting' it from the videos.  It's a venue in Warrenpoint that only holds about 250 so could be a bit mad.  I'll go out of curiosity if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Do you enjoy social lubricants OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭andyoz

Ssshhhhh :ermm:

Then you'll love them... not saying nothin'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah they are probably best enjoyed in an enhanced state of mind if that's your thing OP. The venue I saw them in Galway was tiny too so don't worry about that.

I'm getting nothing off that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

If you've got em, now's the time to take em!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Pass me the 'erb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Anyone going to these guys over the weekend. Button Factory. I've never seen them. Been listening to them for couple of months now. I’d say it will be great show – for €20.
    I was at Twilight Sad in Button factory on Wednesday. Very small venue. Can’t imagine a band like King Kong Company there – who like to use the stage space for bit of theatrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Anyone going to these guys over the weekend. Button Factory. I've never seen them. Been listening to them for couple of months now. I’d say it will be great show – for €20.
    I was at Twilight Sad in Button factory on Wednesday. Very small venue. Can’t imagine a band like King Kong Company there – who like to use the stage space for bit of theatrics.

I've seen them a few times at festivals and am going to see them again in Belfast in November. They're a brilliant festival act but I'm not sure how that will translate into a small venue...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've seen them a few times at festivals and am going to see them again in Belfast in November. They're a brilliant festival act but I'm not sure how that will translate into a small venue...

Well if their festivals are better than last night, it must have been heaven.
    Didn’t expect last night to be that good. Such a buzz. And crowd really up for it.
    Might go again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Looking forward to seeing them later. Should be a cracker!

Advertisement