Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toy Spotting / Shopping Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Arquinsiel

Tesco has a weird box set thing going at the moment for various lines, probably in preparation for Christmas. Along with a kind of cool multi-version Leonardo box with 1984 comic, 1988 TV show and 2012 TV show figures there's a giftset of RID N-step changers. Bumblebee, Grimlock, Sideswipe, Overbite, Steelclaw and a special random mega-fancy Optimus Prime. No price up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

bit the bullet and bought the ACG fort max off kapow toys. got him for €177 inc postage.

course now the SDCC ones back in going for €138 (less postage be circa 156 inc) !

just to give a heads up the brits have put a timescale on brexit which IMO will hit the stg exchange rate . so tomorrow should be a good time to get that SDCC one for those of us in the eurozone interested .

so ya might get it cheaper again if youve been holding out.

:D

Sterling is at a new low, and the ACG version is back to 125 GBP: https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformers-titans-return-sdcc-fortress-maximus-3653.html

There's some dirt cheap MPs right now: RoadRage/Tracks for 30GBP, Lambor for 35, Bluestreak for 38 and Delta Magnus for 105.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

bit of nice news for those interested

theres been a bit of a panic in the US and Canada in relation to the titans return line in that hasbros sold out of em and are saying the dont have any more to issue to retailers so whats out there is what were gonna get and the likelyhood of a clearance sale is small to none.

so it was nice when i dropped into smyths in jervis street today and seen that they have titans returns fig on sale for 33% off.

i can only presume its cause were gonna get the wave 2 + stuff soon and they wanna clear shelves.

either way were getting powermaster prime, soudwave, and blaster for 46 euro odd. with the wave 1 deluxes going for 16.99 a piece.

only one of them i didnt get was scourge so i might pick him up tomorrow as thats an alright price.

EDIT.

Oh and i meant to say they got a few combiner wars voyager sin . scattershot and onslaught. mustve been sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

bit of nice news for those interested

theres been a bit of a panic in the US and Canada in relation to the titans return line in that hasbros sold out of em and are saying the dont have any more to issue to retailers so whats out there is what were gonna get and the likelyhood of a clearance sale is small to none.

so it was nice when i dropped into smyths in jervis street today and seen that they have titans returns fig on sale for 33% off.

i can only presume its cause were gonna get the wave 2 + stuff soon and they wanna clear shelves.

either way were getting powermaster prime, soudwave, and blaster for 46 euro odd. with the wave 1 deluxes going for 16.99 a piece.

only one of them i didnt get was scourge so i might pick him up tomorrow as thats an alright price.

EDIT.

Oh and i meant to say they got a few combiner wars voyager sin . scattershot and onslaught. mustve been sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

Wave 2 + as in beyond Wave 2? Or just Wave 2? Cause Soundwave, Alpha Trion and Astrotrain *are* wave 2, far as i know?

Yes, Wave 2 DXs seem to be a myth in this county, but i think even in the UK the distrib on them was spotty.

yeah meant wave 2 plus

havent seen ANY of the wave two deluxes on the shelves myself. hell i havent seen wave one legends

so if the sales to shift stock i can only presume tis to get wave 3 or so with a faint hope of wave 2 deluxes.

:)

• Advertisement

yeah meant wave 2 plus

havent seen ANY of the wave two deluxes on the shelves myself. hell i havent seen wave one legends

so if the sales to shift stock i can only presume tis to get wave 3 or so with a faint hope of wave 2 deluxes.

I did impulse buy Wheelie in a larger Tesco a few weeks ago, only place i've seen any myself.

And first mass release TF i've bought since Combiner Wars Megatron.

Ironwill and Cupola are just too good for me to go back to Hasbro's Headmaster offerings :)

seen me first second wave TR deluxes in smyts jervis st today.

just chromedome and highbrow and only one of each.

i presume the rest will follow soon.

EDIT.

ooh and theyre going for the 16.99 reduced price for those interested.

seen me first second wave TR deluxes in smyts jervis st today.

just chromedome and highbrow and only one of each.

i presume the rest will follow soon.

EDIT.

ooh and theyre going for the 16.99 reduced price for those interested.

Not necessarily.

There's a revision case doing the rounds in the UK which only has half the wave 2 Deluxes..

..but right now i can't remember if it's Weirdwolf and Mindwipe who are removed from it.

Edit: Yes, there is a revision case that removes Weirdwolf and Mindwipe.

ah feck.

i really wanted to pick up a weirdwolf.

:(

managed to pick up a highbrow in smythes in tallaght - same deal on the 16.99 price tag- but that case does seem to be thin on the ground. the wave 2 deluxes have hit the shelves big time in the states and canada according to seibertron.com so maybe we'll luck out and a few may end up our way.

bit like what happed with the whril/roadbuster/springer/ etc that showed up well after we thought they'd gone.

EDIT.

Got a chromdome today in smyths on fonthill road. theyve got a fair few of him and highbrow left. still the same cheap price.

The Toymaster at the end of Henry / Mary ST has wave 1 TR legends...Including several Wheelies.

• Advertisement

smyths have put the price up on the TR deluxes from 16.99 to 19.99.

the voyager and leaders are still going at the previous price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Wolfwire and Mindwipe are in stock in the Childers Road Limerick branch of Smyths.

They had them in Smyths in Swords a week or two back too, but I forgot to post.

No sign of mindwipe but i just picked up a wolfwire in smyths in tallaght .

No sign of mindwipe but i just picked up a wolfwire in smyths in tallaght .

Smyths in town had a few Mindwipes last i looked, but Weirdw... Wolfw... Yellowbackwardstalking guy.

And wouldn't you know it, soon as i buy Mindwipe to tide me over until a Masterpieceish one comes around, Fanstoys announce they are making one.

yeah dropped into jervis st yesterday. plenty of the lad so i presume its only a matter of time before he's well stocked everywhere.

full line up of both waves are to be had now thank god.they'd loads of wolfwires in tallaght .

i see twinferno and getaway are up on amazon.co.uk too so its only a matter of time before they hit.

im REALLY hoping that mindwipe gets retooled into swoop. its just sooooo close as its cant be a coincidence.

i'd put money on twinferno being retooled into a deluxe fangry too. its practically him bar the dragon heads as it is.

man this line has me buzzing.

triggerhappy is my next "must have".

kapow toys have wave three deluxes in.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformers-titans-return-deluxe-wave-3-set-of-4.html

with 15 quid or so for shipping its just shy 100 for the four of them so thats 24 quid odd each.

pricy compared to the bricks and mortar stores but not by much considering the original price point and hey ya can get em now as opposed to risking a wave 2 scenario.

smyths.ie has voyager megs and prime up on their website so that means like with ultra magnus its only a matter of time before they show up on the shelves.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-playsets/c-344/transformers/?pageSize=12&page=3

i know he's a retool of the blitzwing to come but i actually prefer the look of this megs over the leader class one we got with combiner wars. ok the cannons a bit naff but i can live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Toymaster had wave 3 deluxes.

And Dublin City comics has a whole load of reduced figures for between 5 and 15 quid.
    Picked up a 3 human alliance scouts and a CW warpath for 20 bucks.

Symths in Blanchardstown has Combiner wars Starscream and Skywarp for €25. Should that interest anyone out there.

And Dublin city comics got a restock of MP figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

MarkHall wrote: »
    Symths in Blanchardstown has Combiner wars Starscream and Skywarp for €25. Should that interest anyone out there.

And Dublin city comics got a restock of MP figures.

I never did get that Skywarp I was humming and hawwing over previously...

It appears to be only Blanch he's €25.

He's 40 in Jervis and other stores.

I would've presumed any Smyths branch would match a price on their own website if asked...

..but maybe not?

And for People who can't find TR Voyager Optimus and Megatron in Smyths in Jervis, the Toymaster on the corner had a few the other day.

Symths in Blanchardstown appears to only have Robot heros and 3 RID legion figures in Stock. Any other Symths dried up like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I was in Tallaght last week and they had a lot of Titans Return and Combiner Wars stuff in, with some RiD stuff at the side.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Sorry if its the wrong place to post but Tesco in maynooth ( and assuming other branches) are selling off wave 1 of the RID minicons for 2.25 each. And currentky have them all.( its undocumented but the some of weapons from the 4 combine to form a lion figure)

fonthill in clondalkin still has a fair good selectionl like tallaght but jervis st in town is just combiner wars starscreams and skywarps for 25.

NO deluxes at all.

smattering of the RID stuff but as it doesnt interest me i cant say what the selections like there.

im hoping the wave 3 of them come in soon so i can get a triggerhappy

seibertron.com is reporting that Trypticon is getting a UK release.

sometime between feb and march by the looks of things , with the movie stuff to start turning up in april.

Smyths in Swords has basically just got Starscream, Skywarp and RID Windblades in stock now and the shelf space is down to half of what it was before Christmas. Seems like Transformers are on the way out here.

• Advertisement

Dammit. I feel a Disturbance.

Are they shelve clearing to make room for the Movie Line of "Crud".
    On the plus side. Means more moneys for Gundams! But dang it I still have a €60 quid Smyths voucher!

Advertisement