Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you NOT completed?

Options
  • 26-01-2017 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭

In a similar vein to the have completed thread, how about one for games you haven't completed for whatever reason? And not games that you're taking a break from and you know you'll come back to, but games you never completed and probably never will.

I haven't completed:

Watch_Dogs 2: In case you missed my post in the thread for Watch_Dogs 2, it's too hipster, i can't stand it. Probably would have enjoyed it otherwise, but i just will never be able to get past the feel of it.

MGSV: Got bored of it quite quickly, and the fact that every mission ended like a tv episode with credits and all.

I have more, but i'm at work so can't post anymore!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Do more open ended games with a main storyline count? Like the Eldar Scrolls? None of which I ever completed despite spending hundreds of hours on them, the main stories just never interest me enough to play them to their end when there are so much other interesting stuff to do out there, and other classes/play styles to try

Other than them, Dead Rising: There was some annoying underground mission I couldn't do that ended the story if you weren't fast enough

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Maybe if you've never completed the main story of RPG's, include them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Black ops 3, just cant bring myself to force myself through the missions,
    Limbo, about 80% done and keep putting off finishing it.
    Mad Max, did the first stronghold and havent been back

I'm getting better though, I'm not starting 10 games at once and flitting between them anymore.

that being said, the amount of games I buy and never actually launch is a bit mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Some notable ones from the last few years off the top of my head:

Battlefield 3 Single Player Campaign: Thought it started off quite well but I started to lose interest a few missions in and just gave up when I got to a difficult bit; I have no problem with most FPS games so I can only place blame on the game's shoulders and not mine :)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Looks great, but just too hard for me and my better half (who only really plays games because she knows I like it)

Endless Legend: This surprised me, as I assumed I'd LOVE it and still wonder if I'm just missing something and playing it incorrectly. Can you really only have a handful of units/armies at a time? It's still installed but not sure when I'll go back to it.

There's a few more, will have to think of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Quantum Break - enjoyed the game, but fûck that lazy final boss fight with the insta-kill attack.

Halo 5 - Big Halo fan, but really struggled to care about the storyline in this game. Gave up half way in, may eventually go back to it.

Life is Strange - Completed the first episode, have the others there to play. I thought it was just ok, curious to see what all the fuss is about and will get back to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

LA Noire - Love Rockstar games, this looks good but just found it incredibly boring. Started it, left it for months and went back again but that didn't last long either. Hate not finishing games but pretty sure I'm done with this.

Battlefield Hardline - Played the first two missions. Thought it was garbage. If I'm playing a cop game realistically, I'm going to try an arrest everyone rather than kill them but it's so tedious so I just gave it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Watch_Dogs 2: In case you missed my post in the thread for Watch_Dogs 2, it's too hipster, i can't stand it. Probably would have enjoyed it otherwise, but i just will never be able to get past the feel of it.

Watch Dogs 2 is one of my more recent ones too that I just can't be bothered finishing. Yeah it's hipstery, but I don't mind that so much as at least the characters have a bit of character unlike the first one. My biggest problem is the repetitiveness, particularly with every god damn thing you need to do or collect being located on a god damn roof meaning you need to get a god damn forklift/scissorlift/window cleaning platform or whatever to get up to and get back down.

Why is everything on a roof? This isn't Assassin's Creed where you can scale almost every wall and jump from building to building.

I just couldn't hack it anymore (pun intended) and doubt I'll return to it unless they give a free update with a f*cking jetpack in it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not even gonna bother listing them :(

Steam
    Games owned
    Games not played

Adding in GOG, Origin, Uplay and discs make it an even sadder number.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,530 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just Cause 3: I put 25 hours into it but never left the first island. The sandbox play is extremely fun and the wingsuit might be the best method of traversal in any game ever, but the gameplay loop is just dull and the world really unimaginative.

Arkham City: Played through Arkham Asylum and absolutely loved it, took me 8 hours. 9 hours into City and felt I was getting nowhere and wasn't having fun. Not sure the more open-worldedness helped the game.

Life is Strange: Played Episode 1 and can't go back, holy fcuk is the dialogue bad.

KOTOR: It's a work in progress :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

MGSV really stands out for me.

As a game I really enjoyed it, I love stealth/sneaking based games, but my god the story line is just so over the top and convoluted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Bracken3000

Every Gran Turismo game, I think they are near impossible to finish. Have a one year old now so I guess any game I buy from now on I wont finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Skyward Sword

Controls are crap. Want to finish it before breath of the wild but I'm stuck on a flying part where I'm training so I have to hit 10 targets on my loftwing.... tried and failed about 100 times. Fook me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dead Space 2. Kept dying at the final boss because didn't have enough ammo, etc when I last saved.
    I'v another game like that as well taht I can't remember. In my head I finished it as I know it's just the last boss to go.

Fallout 4 was such an enormous disappointment. I'm actually slightly angry that I paid full price for it at launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Lots of games I've played for an hour or two and never went back to but the two where I completed a fair chunk of the game or to near completion before I gave up were:

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Got to the boss fight with Viper where I'm meant to stick him with a syringe and just can't do it and I just gave up. I didn't mind as the game was an absolute chore.

Arkham Origins Blackgate - Got to the final boss fight with Catwoman and just couldn't beat her. Gave up after trying too many times to count. Really aggravating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Skyrim

Spent around 80 hours doing everything but the main quest, then started doing the main quest, then got bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just Cause 3: I enjoyed playing it, but on PS4 the lag is so bad i had to stop. I will definitely pick it up again, on PC, as soon as i have the bucks to upgrade the GPU.

This War of Mine: I got really into it, spent a good 5/6 hours at it, still my first game, hadn't died, everything going fine, and then i just stopped playing. Don't know why i stopped, but i won't be going back to it. It just doesn't have the allure to be played again.

Any Pokemon game: I'll probably get slated for this, but the battle system is my most hated gaming feature. Same for any Final Fantasy, i just detest the click and wait fighting systems. If they ever bring out a game which isn't turn based, i'll probably play it, but that's what has prevented me from playing them.

Any Zelda game: Another one i'll probably get slated for. Back in the SNES days, i should have played it, but back then there was no internet (readily available) so I never got the hype. I rarely bought magazines for gaming, save for the PS ones that came with demos, so didn't really know much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Skyrim: Put about 40 hours into and still had no idea what I was doing. Still have the save game and have it installed but it's one of those "yeah, maybe next week" games.

Bioshock: Got a pirated version back in the day and din't like it much. Got the Bioshock pack in a steam sale and got near the end of 1 again, but stopped cos I got hooked on something else. Can't remember what it was, but probably BF4.

BF4 single player: It's not the best example of a single player game, but still. My auto save registered me over the ledge to fall down a dam, meaning any time I loaded, I was stuck in an infinite loop of spawning, falling and dying. Reset the mission and saw I was back at the start of an annoying bit, so said "meh". Launched into multiplayer.

Above were all on PC. Had an xbox 360 where I only bought games 2nd hand so ended up with loads of games where a few hours were thrown in but I never got back to. These include Red Dead Redemption, Brutal Legend, Halo 3, Timeshift and a few others I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Honestly, most of them. But ones that stand out...

Darkest Dungeon. Despite a few hundred hours, I haven't braved the actual final missions yet. I know, I'm a pussy.

Divinity: Original Sin. I've started it half a dozen times and loved it, but since I'm playing it multiplayer, and won't play single player, my campaigns have stalled for various reasons. Pity, because I find the combat brilliant and absolultely hilarious to play drunk with a mate.

X-Com. The first game, that is. I got to the final mission and it bugged out meaning I couldn't complete it. I couldn't be ****ing arsed playing through a whole campaign again. So then I got the second game and I'm currently torturing myself through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Mass Effect 3.
    Watch Dogs 2.
    Dragon Age Inquisition.
    The Wolf Among Us.
    Fallout 4 - Just can't get into it.
    Far Cry 4.
    Peggle.

So just one or two. (I didn't include games I haven't started yet)
    Keep getting dragged back to Destiny, Elite Dangerous and Overwatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bioshock Infinite: Enjoyed the setting and the storyline but felt the game was fairly meh, and very samey. It's the only Bioshock game I've played so maybe I'm missing something. Struggled through it until I got to the section with
    the crypt of Elizabeth's mother and was swamped by the ghosts.
    . Had two attempts and just said 'f*ck it' and moved on to something I actually enjoyed playing.

Destiny: Steaming pile of sh!te.

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2: Played this directly after the first one and didn't like the little changes to the controls so gave up a few minutes into the first mission.

Gta San Andreas: Tried this twice and gave up at roughly the same part each time. Loved 3 and Vice City but think rockstar tried to just cram everything into this and the result was that it just became too bloated for me. Would like to finish it as GTA storylines are always good but think too much time has passed now.

Shadow of Mordor: Started this and took down one or two generals, ended up not having the time to play it for a few weeks and when I put it back on I'd forgotten much of what had been explained about the controls and items so just didn't bother with it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Exactly.

Great idea for a thread too btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Fallout 4, just got completely bored of it, this despite having previously loved the other Fallout games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm not sure what I'd find more sad from my own perspective, games I've not finished or games I haven't even started. Both lists I'm sure are quite substantial :/

In keeping with the idea of the thread, a few come to mind:

Far Cry 3 - Got bored of it tbh. Still on the first island iirc.

Just Cause 3 - started well, got to the 2nd island (I think), and just lost interest. Strapping rocket bombs to cows/other people/cars etc was fun while it lasted though.

I Am Setsuna - Loved this. Music, artwork, style. Got to a boss that I was waaaaay too under powered for that kills me on the first wave of attacks and I've no way to grind. Couldn't find a guide or walkthrough to help at the time either so gave up. I think I was relatively close to the end too. Shame.

Mad Max - Lost interest relatively quickly, sadly.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - I think I bought this at the same time as another game which ended up taking more and more of my time.

and one that may cause a stir...

The Last of Us - My controller had an issue which caused the game to be unplayable (couldn't move faster than crouch walk). Made MP a bit more of a challenge than I would have liked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

98% of all the gwg releases for the last few years. That's not to say I've not enjoyed them but, you know, life kinda gets in the way

stupid adulthood

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Fallout 4: Steam says I have 6 hours played, which I don't believe, must have left it on pause and walked away and forgot about it. It was just a future skyrim for me.

Witcher 3: I really want to get into this, everyone says its great, but I just cant. Maybe its the time investment or maybe just all the learning and management of inventory and s**t is putting me off.

Dreamfall chapters: I really just want to finish this so I can take pleasure in deleting it, ugh!

Dark souls 1, 3 and Bloodbourne : love this series, still play them, just cant git gud.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

There's been a couple of games I've gotten all the way to the last boss with but just couldn't beat. Three that spring to mind are Wolfenstein, Pillars of Eternity and Metal Gear Rising. Possibly should have played on lower difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Stopped playing a lot of game out of boredom or the need to try something new

Games I've stopped playing mid game, but may go back.

Shadow of Mordor
    Fallout 4
    GTA V
    Endless Legends
    Civ VI
    X-Com 2
    Homeworld Remastered

Games I will never play or install again

X-Rebirth
    Starforge
    GTA IV
    Tiberium Twilight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Glico Man wrote: »

The Last of Us - My controller had an issue which caused the game to be unplayable (couldn't move faster than crouch walk). Made MP a bit more of a challenge than I would have liked too.

Why not just buy a new controller?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Far too many too list here.

Advertisement