Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Re-Chrome Advice

• 23-01-2017 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

I'm restoring a 1974 Jaguar XJ6 Series II. I recently got engaged so the rush is on to finish the restoration as it will be the wedding car! Body and mechanics are now in good shape so I've a paint job and re-chroming to come next. There are a few local painters I can go to but I'm having trouble finding good quality/value place to re-chrome.
    I've done some searching on the site and I'm getting mixed reviews and mostly the best idea is to ship to England (but I don't have a recommended location yet).
    Has anyone dealth with Irish Metal Finishing (link).

http://www.imf.ie/asp/?p=6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

Jesper, there is a firm in Carlow, but I have mislaid their details, someone else here may have their details. There is also a company in Sligo that are advertising on D.D. Vintage section, 0899816292. There are several companies in the U.K. i.e. Douglas Metal Finishers, Lewisham, S.E. London. 00442086921271.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

mattroche wrote: »
    Jesper, there is a firm in Carlow, but I have mislaid their details, someone else here may have their details. There is also a company in Sligo that are advertising on D.D. Vintage section, 0899816292. There are several companies in the U.K. i.e. Douglas Metal Finishers, Lewisham, S.E. London. 00442086921271.
    Hi Mattroche 
    I'm actually working in Carlow so if you could find the details that would be a great help! I've searched Google and can't come across anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

If your stuck or price is an issue a decent alternative to chrome is a chrome powder coat finish, I got my Spitfire bumpers done in Carlow Coatings, obviously its not real chrome, but its pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

Jesper, I found the phone No.0862192139. Robert is the man I was talking to. It may be the same firm that Spitfire 1V has mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

mattroche wrote: »
    Jesper, I found the phone No.0862192139. Robert is the man I was talking to. It may be the same firm that Spitfire 1V has mentioned.

Theres another guy in Carlow, he had an advert up on DoneDeal before xmas whom does chrome hydro dipping, hydro dipping would give a better mirror finish than powder coating, but not as tough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement