Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yakuza 0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC version would be nice considering PC has helped Sega massively in the last few years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A couple of games out next week that I want, a new tales game and the digimon game but was thinking of picking this up instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Amazon doesn't have a list price for this!
    Is it digital only?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Amazon doesn't have a list price for this!
    Is it digital only?

You can buy a physical copy, Sold out on amazon it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Game Collection doing it for 38 pounds

http://www.thegamecollection.net/yakuza-0-ps4/

GameStop selling for 65.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Been playing the series for a long while and I was very excited for this one. Don't need reviews to tell me it's worth interest... least of all from "sim city can't work offline" polygon. But I don't have a PS4 so I might be skipping it unless they make a PC version down the line. I've always wanted Yakuza's amazing mini-japan playgrounds on my main machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

You're not likely to get a PC version, it wouldnt be coming out in english at all if Sony hadn't stepped in to help get it localized

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'll pick this up in a few months once it drops a bit in price.

Just finished Yakuza 4 and currently downloading Yakuza 5.
    Both must have been PS+ games at some stage, don't remember buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It sold 500k copies in Asia, is that not a bit crap?

The more vids I see of this on YouTube, the more tempted I am to get it. Pity it doesn't have a demo as I'd like to get a feel of how it plays.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    It sold 500k copies in Asia, is that not a bit crap?

I'd say its pretty good.

Is this not up on the store yet? can't find it.

Not on any PAL store for preorder or pre-load, very strange altogether. Argos UK will be selling it for 40 pounds so might be cheap enough in the Irish stores next week.

Thing that irks me about the series is I'm sick to death of all the cutscenes. It's borderline overkill.
    I know it's part of it's charm but i just couldn't be arsed anymore.
    Been enjoying Yakuza 5 but I just spend half the time pressing the start button to get through them

€53 in Argos but not in stock in any of my local stores.

http://checkargos.com/product/6787279#

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Would have picked it up at lunch. Annoying there's no stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Gamestop have it, €65 though. It's on the PS store for €60.

I've never played this series. Is it another GTA clone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

There's no stock in the country!

The CA app still searches all stores, and not a single one has a unit to sell.

Unless it all sold out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,135 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

SteoL wrote: »
    It's closer to Shenmue than GTA. It's open world, but there's no driving or shooting. The combat is hand-to-hand focused with some melee weapons thrown in. Side events include karaoke, hostess bars, and Sega arcade games. The series is worth a look if you like Japanese culture.

I checked the stock in london argos as well and it says due in between 3-5 days. Gamestop didn't have any copies either, I wonder if there was just a delay with physical copies in the country? Anyone seen a copy around?

SteoL wrote: »
    Gamestop have it, €65 though. It's on the PS store for €60.

Absolutely nothing like gta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got it for E43 on Amazon, will not get a chance to play it till next week though, glad it is being well received but it is shame more people do not play the series as there is not a bad game in the main cannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I checked the stock in london argos as well and it says due in between 3-5 days. Gamestop didn't have any copies either, I wonder if there was just a delay with physical copies in the country? Anyone seen a copy around?

It's listed as in stock on Gamestops website (Dublin CC which I realise you might not be near). I'm sure you can get delivered if you wanted.

Ah my plan is to clear Resi 7 and trade in for this so I could do with a few days delay anyway, just hope it comes in eventually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Maybe eBay is the best bet at this stage.

Very few copies starting to pop up in Argos and some allow you to order for collection. Still can't find the game on the website but the link from check argos finds it ok.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6787279.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057

So anyone pick this up? How ye finding it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

So anyone pick this up? How ye finding it?

I got it yesterday. Really enjoying it so far. It's the first one I've played so can't compare it to others in the series. Quite a lot of watching dialogue and cut scenes but plays out like a movie. Graphics are impressive too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have the only copy in Tallaght reserved, have a E5 voucher too.

Will put it into my backlog and play it after RE7.

Yupp same, only copy left reserved in Limerick, 10 euro voucher helps things as well. Finished Resi 7 and looking forward to giving my first Yakuza a go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Some of the side missions are hilarious. I won't spoil anything for yiz.:D

Advertisement