Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to ship wine from uk to ireland

Options
  • 20-01-2017 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all. My problem is that Amazon stock the wine I need( as a present) so far all good ...however parcel motel ,An post..etc don't ship liquids to Ireland ...aaaarrrrgggghhh!
    Any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

They will ship it, but customs might get it. Up to you if you want to gamble. I wouldn't use parcel motel.

I've got stuff from the DPD version https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/HomePage#/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 d7guy

d7guy wrote: »
    Hi all. My problem is that Amazon stock the wine I need( as a present) so far all good ...however parcel motel ,An post..etc don't ship liquids to Ireland ...aaaarrrrgggghhh!
    Any help

Thanks I wil try it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Liquids are against DPD rules.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

BeerNut wrote: »
    Liquids are against DPD rules.

Although they deliver Master of Malt as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

L1011 wrote: »

They do - I have received the smashed boxes to prove it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

L1011 wrote: »
    They'll deliver anything, but if they find alcohol or glass (both prohibited) they'll pass it on to customs and then you're at the mercy of them, I'd rather not be at the mercy of them to save a few quid on a delivery from masters of malt.

More and more I'm finding the best way to get cheaper alcohol is to buy in duty free and bring back with you, but I'm sure there's a technically there too.

Advertisement