Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meridian Peanut Butter

Options
  • 14-07-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

4kg of Meridian Peanut Butter for €20 with free delivery : thehealthstore.ie/meridian-crunchy-peanut-butter-1kg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

4kg of Meridian Peanut Butter for €20 with free delivery : thehealthstore.ie/meridian-crunchy-peanut-butter-1kg

best before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

sweetie wrote: »
    best before?

Who cares? Sure 4kg of peanut butter would probably only last me the weekend :o:o:o

Thanks OP (though my waistline is less grateful :( )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

peanut butter leads to..constipation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Vic_08

philstar wrote: »
    peanut butter leads to..constipation

Take it out of the jar before insertion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In case people did not check the link its €5 per 1 kilo tub, so you do not have to get the full 4kg, there might be other things to get the value up to €20 for the free delivery.

The empty tubs make great containers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Jeez.. I must be living in the expensive part of the web.. tis €6 on thehealthstore.ie when I look at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

ohh wait.. the crunchy and the smooth are different prices.. ohhhkayyy...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

It's natural peanut butter without preservatives, so unless you have the room to store it in the refrigerator or freezer, it will go rancid pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Speedwell wrote: »
    It's natural peanut butter without preservatives, so unless you have the room to store it in the refrigerator or freezer, it will go rancid pretty quickly.

We buy it semi regularly and it's never gone rancid. I think because it's natural the oil separates and sits at the top which helps keep it fresh for longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

A good deal BUT being somewhat of peanut butter addict, I have tried many different types and the one from bulkpowders is simply the best IMO.

They also frequently do 20, 25 and 30% off everything sales so you can snag this PB for very little!

LINK

I prefer the smooth but each to their own :)

PS - their almond butter is also delicious, its white almond butter as they remove the skins. So. F**king. Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Speedwell wrote: »

Regular buyer of this, does not need to be refrigerated, kitchen press is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

Thanks OP. I picked two tubs up in store in Liffey Valley earlier. They were labelled at full price on shelves but €5 each at the till.

Best before September 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

1kg tubs of Meridian Smooth/Crunchy Peanut Butter currently €5 in Supervalu.
    Valid Jan 12th - Jan 18th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Cavey wrote: »
    A good deal BUT being somewhat of peanut butter addict, I have tried many different types and the one from bulkpowders is simply the best IMO.

They also frequently do 20, 25 and 30% off everything sales so you can snag this PB for very little!

LINK

I prefer the smooth but each to their own :)

PS - their almond butter is also delicious, its white almond butter as they remove the skins. So. F**king. Good.

Second that one, just had some there on toast! There is another one they do, Coconut, Peanut and Honey, so nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

pigtail33 wrote: »
    1kg tubs of Meridian Smooth/Crunchy Peanut Butter currently €5 in Supervalu.
    Valid Jan 12th - Jan 18th.
    My local Supervalu on Talbot St had a spot on the shelf for these on the 12th but they were sold out. Within a day he disappeared the slot for the 1kg and replaced it with a different size meridian.
    Seems like he doesn't like stocking anything that is on offer, I noticed it before with beer.
    Can franchise owners do that, just refuse to stock things that are on special?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,231 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

My local Supervalu on Talbot St had a spot on the shelf for these on the 12th but they were sold out. Within a day he disappeared the slot for the 1kg and replaced it with a different size meridian.
    Seems like he doesn't like stocking anything that is on offer, I noticed it before with beer.
    Can franchise owners do that, just refuse to stock things that are on special?

Strange !! I bought 2 of these saturday morning at my local one, they had them separate out the front near the entrance, and plenty of them. Very easy to see !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Lots in the supervalue stores around Athlone. Not a fan of this type of peanut butter myself though as I find it too oily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

What on earth do you do with so much peanut butter? Is this a sex thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,231 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

it's good for 3 months or so !! good source of protein , as i don't eat as much meat as i have done in the past. plus peanut butter and jam on toast is lovely !!

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

2smiggy wrote: »
    plus peanut butter and jam on toast is lovely !!

You really need to have some sliced banana in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not despatched for a while.. but £1 per jar with free delivery. Less if you Subscribe & Save (then just cancel after first shipment if you like).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0069RWP8I/
    [*]

• Registered Users Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Basq wrote: »
    Not despatched for a while.. but £1 per jar with free delivery. Less if you Subscribe & Save (then just cancel after first shipment if you like).

It's saying 6 pounds for a small jar and dispatches in 1-2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ted1 wrote: »
    Basq wrote: »

It's saying 6 pounds for a small jar and dispatches in 1-2 months
    Meridian Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter - No Added Sugar and Salt 280 g (Pack of 6)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,848 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

smooth or crunchy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

2smiggy wrote: »
    it's good for 3 months or so !! good source of protein , as i don't eat as much meat as i have done in the past. plus peanut butter and jam on toast is lovely !!

After opening does it not take a couple of weeks to turn solid? I know Reeses one does, maybe Meridian is different since its liquidy.

After opening does it not take a couple of weeks to turn solid? I know Reeses one does, maybe Meridian is different since its liquidy.

Meridian stuff won't turn solid in weeks, plenty oil seperation going in to keep things the m word.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

After opening does it not take a couple of weeks to turn solid?
    meridian is just peanuts, or can be just peanuts & salt. Some other brands come with fats/oils mixed in which are solid at room temp, so the mixture stays more like a paste.

On the meridian tubs it says it will naturally sepearate and to mix it back in. If you do not do this then your top section is higher in oils, so when you have eaten it you will then come down to the lower layers which will now naturally have less oils in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You are meant to stir it

Advertisement