Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paschal Donahue - Meeting - Goat Grill (Goatstown) - 26th January (7:30pm)

Options
  • 12-01-2017 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd post this up here. Paschal Donahue and Josepha Madigan will be taking questions at the Goat Grill pub in Goatstown on Thursday 26th January at 7:30pm.

I think it is important as many of us as possible show up and bombard him with questions regarding DART Underground and Metro North.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Hang on, what's this about? I've emailed p od before amongst others. And what annoys me more than anything is, they are outright liars. Don't know if I could maintain my cool, going to a meeting like that! Funny how easy it was to come up with a convenient lie about patronage figures for du and mn being boom time and too ambitious. When housing crisis congestion and airport numbers etc are ahead of boomtime. So MN still has planning, why not go ahead with it, now that the decision was proven bullshot? MN still has op? Or does it only suit to delay and postpone and get the job done as "cheap" as possible. Forget about value, just focus on the headline cost?!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Thought I'd post this up here. Paschal Donahue and Josepha Madigan will be taking questions at the Goat Grill pub in Goatstown on Thursday 26th January at 7:30pm.

I think it is important as many of us as possible show up and bombard him with questions regarding DART Underground and Metro North.

Thoughts?

Question. Will that world class waffler Shane Ross be hosting a similar meeting? Or is he too busy blocking much needed housing in his constituency?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Ah man, if a gaggle of us from here went to this I would be up for it.

I saw POD in town over Christmas and I wanted to lamp the head off him because of DU.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Bray Head

The idea that single politicians can either fix or destroy public transport in Ireland is absurd.

These are systems that take decades to set up, and also close down, witness how long it takes to close down barely-used rural lines.

What urban rail infrastructure needs is a dedicated, ground-up movement which puts concerted pressure on public representatives for very long periods of time (measure in decades please). This is what gets results.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Bray Head wrote: »
    What urban rail infrastructure needs is a dedicated, ground-up movement which puts concerted pressure on public representatives for very long periods of time (measure in decades please). This is what gets results.

It was started and I reckon they're all with O'Leary in the grave.

Like it or not the PPT is an example. It took over 13 years from the first serious attempt to get it reopened to scheduled services.

• Advertisement
Advertisement