Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeview / freesat box recommendation

Options
  • 06-01-2017 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, we recently changed from Virgin Media to Eir, so now we don't get a lot of the channels that we used to get with Virgin (True Movies etc)...so we're thinking of getting a freesat/freeview/saorview box. I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a good one. Would they all give you the same channels, no matter which one I choose, and if I buy one from a UK website, would it work here.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

get this one from here, does the lot

http://www.freetv.ie/edision-os-mega/

and you get a discount if you quote baords ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

That is neither a Freeview, Freesat, or Saorview box. Bot no one makes such a combination.

It will get you the channels but not the red button text. Nor will it put them in the correct order or keep them when there are frequency changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

It says it will do an automatic frequency change update on the Enigma 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kitcatz

Thanks for your replies. It looks like a good one. At the moment I'm just trying to figure out what channels we're missing. I've just seen that €10 extra a month will get some of the channels with Eir, so I think the only channels we'd get on a freeview box that we'd want would be True Movies and Challenge, I'm not sure if its worth paying €200 for them. Still considering it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

kitcatz wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. It looks like a good one. At the moment I'm just trying to figure out what channels we're missing. I've just seen that €10 extra a month will get some of the channels with Eir, so I think the only channels we'd get on a freeview box that we'd want would be True Movies and Challenge, I'm not sure if its worth paying €200 for them. Still considering it though!

If they are the only 2 channels that you want you could get a secondhand sky box and set up your favorite lists with whatever channels you want. A sky box will give you all the free satellite channels that are on 28 east without a subscription card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kitcatz

Thanks for that, that sounds great. I'll try that!

Advertisement