Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options
  • 11-01-2017 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering what Christmas movies you recommend?

I know, I know, Christmas it over, but not for me, so I'm looking for some suggestions on funny movies that I can download and watch over the next while :)

Thanks a mill for any help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

My favourites Mrs Miracle, elf, love actually, the Santa clause, miracle on 34th street, meet me in St Louis, muppets Christmas carol, Scrooged, and white Christmas . That's all I can think of for now but more will come:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Fred Claus, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Jingle all the Way (stupid but funny and Christmassy!) and... Die Hard of course.

Hope you're doing okay, SB. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Elf l, Love Actually, Gremlins, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Scrooged, Home Alone

These are some of my favourite funny ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thank you so much guys. I'll check those all out and download a few of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭DvB

National Lampoons christmas vacation
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Arthur Christmas
    A Christmas Carol
    Bad Santa
    Elf
    Fred Claus
    Four Christmases
    Jack Frost
    Home Alone
    Miracle On 34th Street (1947)
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    The Polar Express
    The Santa Claus
    Santa Claus The Movie
    Scrooge (1970)
    Scrooged
    The Snowman
    Trading Places
    Surviving Christmas
    White Christmas
    Deck The Halls
    The Family Stone
    Christmas With The Kranks
    How The Grinch Stole Christmas
    The Nightmare Before Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

The Preachers Wife and The Bishop's Wife are great!
    Thought both new and old versions of Miracle on 34th Street were good!

Some good movies set at Christmastime: Serendipity, While You Were Sleeping, Angel in the Family (can be a bit melancholy, but good), The Holiday, Last Holiday, You've Got Mail, Snowdogs.

Not sure what these are like: The Family Stone, Jack Frost (1998), 12 Men of Christmas.

Peter Falk made some Christmas dramas wherein he played an angel or santa (can't recall)... A Town Without Christmas, When Angels Come to Town, Finding John Christmas.

I don't have TV, so am liking some of the youtube Hallmark made-for-tv seasonal flicks. Some of the acting is :rolleyes: hit-and-miss, but so far I've enjoyed: Borrowed Hearts, A Heavenly Christmas, The Road to Christmas, A Gift Wrapped Christmas, If You Believe, A Holiday to Remember, and a Boyfriend for Christmas. There are a ton more to view.

Advertisement