Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers the Definitive G1 collection

Options
  • 28-12-2016 5:05pm

Picked up the first one today in Easons for €2.90. Covers the Target 2006 comics. Don't know if I'll be able to afford the full priced ones but for three quid I'm in!!

http://www.transformerscollection.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ooh... I'll have to check out Easons for this. I'm sorely tempted but I shouldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

I have the 'draft' versions of the first 2. Expecting the real copies to arrive in the mail any day now.
    Subscribed for at least the first 6 issues + gifts (hoping bookeneds will be handy for display), and then we'll see if I have room for any more...

Picked up the first one in the last few days.. pretty good!! But €30 a month is fairly hefty for (2 of) the full price issues. Will have to think about it.

Yeah I'd probably get the IDW collected editions instead. There were still loads of issue 1 in Easons this morning which is probably a bad sign!

Yeah I'd probably get the IDW collected editions instead. There were still loads of issue 1 in Easons this morning which is probably a bad sign!

I'd say the success or failure of this will depend on online subs though. People in their 30s/40s who grew up with this and the nostalgia factor. It's not really a "mass market" collection.

For the average Eason's browser/younger fan they'd probably look at it and say "that's not Megatron!" being only familiar with the Michael Bay movies and not willing to pay €15 a pop for something they've no connection to.

• Advertisement

Anyway.. on the collection itself :) I'd forgotten how varying the artwork styles were in those days, with several artists still modelling characters after their toy versions rather than the cartoon. I was never a big fan of the former style - it just looks messier to me, especially with efforts to give them human facial expressions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've got most of the comics in my parents' loft and have them electronically too. I still kinda want this but these collections are always so much cash. Three and a half years of paying €30 a month.... I don't know.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've got most of the comics in my parents' loft and have them electronically too. I still kinda want this but these collections are always so much cash. Three and a half years of paying €30 a month.... I don't know.

Yea same here.. they're in the attic at home somewhere and I have digital copies of them all too. It's a nice collection but I'm finding it hard to justify for that kinda money.

Advertisement