Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways you won and lost the genetic lottery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Inevitably will get arthritis

Oh snap! I've had symptoms since I was 19. 22 now and though I haven't been diagnosed, the docs aren't testing for anything else (it can take a while to show up on tests)
    And I saw lexie mention dimples, and metaoblivia say freckles as their bads and I love mine!

I'm indifferent to my dimple (singular) but other people like them. The only reason I'd dislike them is because the people who like them tend to coo... "awk look at the wee dimple! Aw it's so cute! Give us another smile!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Won- fairly intelligent
    Lost- everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

anna080 wrote: »
    Won: natural blonde hair, freckled skin, 5,9"

Lost: terrible posture, two webbed toes, small boobs

You'll probably have better boobs if you throw the shoulders back and walk like you own the place. Sounds like you have the rest of it goin' on, girlie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Generally speaking is tall, as in 5'9''+ considered a bonus for women? I always preferred taller women personally

I'm 5'10 and I like the fact I'm tall

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

metaoblivia ... freckles ... and I love mine!
    I'm pretty sure she put up a photo of herself on here years and years ago, and in fairness to her, her options for the negatives list would make for fairly slim pickings. Some people could probably just put win in bold and be done with it :pac:
    anna080 wrote: »
    Lost: terrible posture
    hmm, not sure that counts!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ah here, freckles and brown eyes don't count as losses!

Lately I've been tattooing freckles on women's faces.So I definitely wouldn't call natural ones a loss.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Losses : Born ginger.

Wins : There's not one win I can think of that would remotely overcome my losses!!

Lost:
    Short
    Fat
    Hydracephalis
    Strabismus
    Curved spine
    Depression prone
    Anti social

Won:
    Intelligence
    Helpful
    Selfless
    Generous

mansize wrote: »
    Won:
    Intelligence
    Helpful
    Selfless
    Generous

That's better. I knew there was more to you (and anyone) besides their losses.:)

Isn't it interesting how many enumerated their cons before their pros? I'm sure that's telling of something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

mansize wrote: »
    Won:
    Intelligence
    Helpful
    Selfless
    Generous

So, wins for other people?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Lately I've been tattooing freckles on women's faces.So I definitely wouldn't call natural ones a loss.

I absolutely love my freckles. They are my favourite thing about my face. I mainly have them on my nose but I adore them and so does my boyfriend. Cannot understand why people wouldn't like them!

So, wins for other people?

I like seeing other people happy. I love buying gifts for people.

I met my cousins little girl at my nan's funeral - Anna talked about frozen

Was in Lidl shopping saw frozen thing- bought it and have it to her granny to give her.

This lifts my spirt

(the little girl lost two great grannies that week)

Generally speaking is tall, as in 5'9''+ considered a bonus for women? I always preferred taller women personally

I'm 6'2'' and have the same Bruce Lee build as my father. When I encounter a woman taller than me I collapse and thrash around the ground uncontrollably roaring "Bow Chicka Wow-Wow!!". So sort of yes. Yes please! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'm 6'2'' and have the same Bruce Lee build as my father. When I encounter a woman taller than me I collapse and thrash around the ground uncontrollably roaring "Bow Chicka Wow-Wow!!". So sort of yes. Yes please! :D

I meant do women want to be tall. There seems to be a whole movement of short dudes on the Internet intent on hating the world because they're under 5'10" or so.

I'd say women overwhelmingly prefer taller men but men on average have no preference for a woman's height.

I meant do women want to be tall. There seems to be a whole movement of short dudes on the Internet intent on hating the world because they're under 5'10" or so.

What of it? I hate the little bastards too. :D

I'd say women overwhelmingly prefer taller men but men on average have no preference for a woman's height.

No, all kidding aside it wouldn't really be a thing. Still, a 7-foot Valkyrie with legs up to her armpits... <THUD> - sorry, I'm OK now... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Going off topic but I'd be attracted to smaller women. I like being able to rest my chin on their head :p

Different strokes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

I'm quite tall and I like taller women as well.

Maybe its a height thing? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Wins : There's not one win I can think of that would remotely overcome my losses!!

I'm a natural red head and honest to god wish Id never touched it with hair dye. Biggest mistake I've made. I love red hair. Now. Hated it when I was a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

sup_dude wrote: »
    Oh snap! I've had symptoms since I was 19. 22 now and though I haven't been diagnosed, the docs aren't testing for anything else (it can take a while to show up on tests)

It's a bit sh*t isn't it?

I've a dodgy hip already and have had since early 20s. I've hypermobility also.

Every woman in my family has it, but oddly enough, all different types.

I'm indifferent to my dimple (singular) but other people like them. The only reason I'd dislike them is because the people who like them tend to coo... "awk look at the wee dimple! Aw it's so cute! Give us another smile!"

Yeh I've only the one as well and get that occasionally but I don't mind too much!

On the one hand it'd be nicer to be a bit taller for the BMI chart but I'm happy enough being small.

Red hair is gorgeous.

Haha, I had that exact thought a couple of weeks back. It's ludicrous that all the spies on TV are these incredibly beautiful people. You can't blend in to the scenery like that. I'd be a great secret agent. I speak about 16 languages too so I think I'll apply tomorrow.

James Cameron originally cast Michael Biehn as the terminator machine, reasoning, quite correctly, that Skynet wouldn't have sent a machine presenting as a muscle-bound bumblefcuk with a weird accent on such a mission. This was overturned by Arnie, who argued that the robot character should be a symbol of POWAHH!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Nah. I'm about 5'6" and happy. Short enough that I cansay I'm not over weight, I'm under tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Instead of inheriting Mum's slim long legs I got Dad's chunky, strong, short ones...........

I have always taken a great tan - an old friend once told me that the lads used to talk about my smooth golden skin - sadly got a bit wrinkly now.

I'm a natural red head and honest to god wish Id never touched it with hair dye. Biggest mistake I've made. I love red hair. Now. Hated it when I was a kid.

Anyone who's seen a woman with proper, flowing, flaming red hair like Queen Boudica will have a different view of "Gingers"! :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    James Cameron originally cast Michael Biehn as the terminator machine, reasoning, quite correctly, that Skynet wouldn't have sent a machine presenting as a muscle-bound bumblefcuk with a weird accent on such a mission. This was overturned by Arnie, who argued that the robot character should be a symbol of POWAHH!! :D

I reckon I could make a good criminal. I can imagine the distress of the flummoxed witness trying to guide the increasingly enervated sketch artist... "No, more... normal looking. Less... obvious..."

So that's two new careers beckoning! Realistically, models should look like me so the clothes get the attention, framed on a standard physique. Must see what Yves thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I keep reading "won:" as wow and for the tiniest split second I expect the poster to list truly amazing traits :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

There are some very attractive red heads alright. But would I be able to love a son or daughter with red hair? Would anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Aw here I adore my ginger hair, it's getting darker and less ginger the older I get I'm disgusted

Advertisement