Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I'm looking forward to in 2017

Options
  • 01-01-2017 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

It's that time of year when we have to start thinking about leaving Christmas 2016 behind. We have a few more days until it officially ends but I've noticed that a few people have posted about being depressed that it's nearly over.

There's always something to look forward to though. So what is everyone looking forward to this year? I know it's a big year for a couple of the regular Christmas forum posters.

My husband will be having surgery that should solve a long-term issue once and for all so that will be good. (Not so good for him dealing with the pain I suppose, but worth it!)

My sister is getting married. I finally get to wear a bridesmaid dress!

And hopefully I'll continue to do well in my job and might even get a fully-paid one!

What about everyone else?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great thread as I'm definitely feeling a bit down already.

I have my stag, my wedding and my honeymoon all less than 6 months time to look forward to.

So thankfully I will have a busy start to 2017 and that will keep me busy until July and then I can begin to look forward to Christmas again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Don't really have anything planned myself but do have 2 weddings in May and September.

I hope that maybe I'll meet someone nice - would be nice to spend next Christmas with a nice man :-P

Also would hope that I might finally find my own place so I can move out of home - these are my hopes most years though!

Kind of looking forward to going back to work and getting back into a routine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yea I agree I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine maybe not so much work haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

This year I am looking forward to two things, the first being the arrival of my new half-sister in early Spring, and then I am hoping and praying that at some point this year I will be told I am cancer-free.

2017 isn't a year I am looking forward to simply because for me it will be filled with hospitals, surgeries, various types of doctors, different treatments for my cancer and stuff.

It's already my most difficult year and it's going to be a long one, so although I am not one for wishing the time away, this is one year, that for me, I hope flies by quicker than every other year.

I want to be cancer free and I want to start turning my life into a normal life as soon as possible.

Just remember Stripedboxers we are here all year for you day or night!! Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

^^^ Ditto. Seriously I am in a different time zone so I can do the night shift if you need an ear stripedboxers. Bang me a pm.

I am in the same boat as you loughc, stag, wedding and mini moon. All in the first half of the year though. Just want the wedding done now as its been a drama.`

Hoping to buy a place by the end of the year after getting solidly burned in the boom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Sounds like everyone will be having a busy year!

I'm looking forward to the birth of our new baby next month! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Like a few others, 2017 will be a big one for me as I'm getting married! During a Christmas 2017 festivities, no less! So that's exciting. Obviously then have all the stuff around the wedding- getting a bespoke suit made (which I am SUPER excited about!!), sten-night, honeymoon, all that jazz.

There's a possibility I may be heading to Australia for work which is kinda crazy, I'm hoping to do my first solo performance, start a doctorate...

Quite a lot to look forward really!

And Striped Boxers, best of luck. We're all behind you. :)

Advertisement