Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSX 737ngx TO warning

Options
  • 21-12-2016 1:39am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Trying to figure this out but cant.

Is there any way to tell what is causing the TO warning horn on PMDG 737 ngx

I think everything is set, start TO, 40% N1 is ok, but it sounds when I engage TOGA. Then LNAV and VNAV drops, but when I complete TO, I can re-engage them..

Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

I'm sticking my head out here...have you X-checked, and ensured that both Flight directors are switched to the on(up) position, and that the relevant data . Also check and ensure that the aircraft is configured correctly(Trim, flaps, Anti-ice etc.). Just my two cents.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yeah, did all that. Could be elevator trim, will check that again.

As soon as I take off, the alarm stops and I can engage lnav and vnav and AP and it all works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Bsal

Is the speedbrake armed and the brakes set to RTO?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Bsal wrote: »
    Is the speedbrake armed and the brakes set to RTO?
    Yes, however...

It seems arming the speedbrake is not correct for TO. I was following a non-official checklist which had this as armed but if SB is down for TO then there is no warning. The official PMDG tutorial does not arm the spoiler for TO so I reckon its problem solved..

Advertisement