Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lean App

• 29-12-2016 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Firstly. Howdy all. Newish to the forum.
    Secondly.
    Seen a thing on fb for an app that recorded spin info like lean angle etc.
    Anyone have the name? And maybe experience with the app?? I think id like to see if my riding is progressing any bit rather than just looking at the back tyre every once in a while

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Secondly.
    Anyone have the name? And maybe experience with the app?? I think id like to see if my riding is progressing any bit rather than just looking at the back tyre every once in a while

Not sure if it's the same one but Pirelli have an app that shows this info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

The fusar app includes lean angle but I'm not sure how you check history and such on the app, while their gear looks really good the app is fairly cluttered and unintuitive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Lean angle on the road isn't much of a gauge of progression even if the app was accurate(doubt it). I remember somebody at mondello who had the Pirelli yoke on a Ducati monster and he was so happy with his 65 degree lean angle that neither his bike or tyres could actually achieve

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lawless_IRE

Ah its more or less just out of curiosity that i want it for the lean angle bit. Although i do like to know how far ive gone, track my route etc. Found the pirelli one do will give it a go and see what its like

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Ah its more or less just out of curiosity that i want it for the lean angle bit. Although i do like to know how far ive gone, track my route etc. Found the pirelli one do will give it a go and see what its like

The technology in phones isn't accurate enough to give you any useful information, all you'll get is spurious data which is a waste of time.

The standard features on Google timeline will track your journey.

• Advertisement

Ah im not expecting exact figures or anything from a free app. Is it possible to record info on google maps on the phone do you know?
    Just looking at the pirelli app at the minute. The more i think about it, lean angle probably wouldnt work unless phone was set level in some kinda holder mounted on the bike somewhere, more or less like a sat nav

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Ah im not expecting exact figures or anything from a free app. Is it possible to record info on google maps on the phone do you know?

Check your timeline in Google maps, that tracks all your journeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Secondly.

Please don't splat yourself all over the scenery in the course of gaining a few more Facebook likes, that's all that we need :rolleyes:

Although we were all young once, and I was no saint back in the day, 600 fours would bring out the hooligan in anyone (I took great offence to being described as one once, just after I'd redlined it on purpose leaving a rally campsite at 9am :pac: ) those bikes need their neck wrung to go fast, but they're fun. Although now I prefer litre+ triples or twins with lots of torque I don't need to shift 2 or 3 gears down to access.

The best thing is get onto a racetrack. At least that way if it all goes pear shaped it won't be recorded as another road fatality for the authorities to beat riders about the head with :pac: but seriously you're in a safe environment and can explore the limits with mostly only your wallet at stake. My first track day on the CBR was streaming wet and it was fun to lap litre sports twin riders tiptoeing around, I was just riding like a normal wet day on the road and they were terrified of highsiding. I did a couple of dry track days too, but I wasn't as quick then...

Del2005 wrote: »
    Check your timeline in Google maps, that tracks all your journeys.

There's a reason I keep location services turned off, they're not tracking how fast I'm going.. :) being late for work is kinda like MotoGP QP2

Life ain't always empty.

No not in the least bit interested in recording stuff to put on fb. Just happened to see someone mentioning the app and the things it did. I get kinda nerdy when it comes to stays and graphs and the likes. Track days will be coming in the summer as im just coming to the end of my first year road biking.Any experience i have before that is mx stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

No not in the least bit interested in recording stuff to put on fb. Just happened to see someone mentioning the app and the things it did. I get kinda nerdy when it comes to stays and graphs and the likes. Track days will be coming in the summer as im just coming to the end of my first year road biking.Any experience i have before that is mx stuff

Fusar app records journeys as does eat sleep ride, the latter is really good, for track days if ya check out the fusar camera pretty sure it has a gyroscope as well as many other bells and whistles,

• Advertisement
Advertisement