Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus - Aer Space

Options
  • 21-12-2016 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

does anyone remember the "Aer Space" plan talked a few months ago (Q4 2015)?

Heard from someone who works for Aer Lingus that with Aer Club / re-joining oneworld in 2017, we would see Aer Space being finally happening in 2017??? I doubt it a bit once this means -2 middle seats sold per head. unless they would find the revenue on the price for this "business class".

Also heard again another topic commented here long ago which never happened: that EI would overnight again their aircrafts on some other european cities a part from LHR to feed their long haul routes? I think this wouldn't happen because they can already manage to feed these flights with their short haul schedules departing from dublin once their long haul is mainly after 12AM and also that would cost a lot to keep flight crew away and park the aircraft in another airport?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It'll be a sham, it's a sham airline as far as attracting frequent fliers, always has been.

20 years of travelling, I think I got one priority check in with them and that was it. In contrast, I got an upgrade on every third Delta flight I took.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

It's dead. I believe it was a pre-IAG plan a long with Aer Club, both were branded similarly and were clearly designed together but while Aer Club eventually arrived post-IAG, Aer Space has been shelved. 

Recently Aer Lingus was said to be looking at Vueling's offering for passengers up front, ironically it's identical to the original Aer Space plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tanya1987

I don't know then. Didn't find anything related to Aer Lingus studying the Vueling project of economy+. What about the earlier departures in the morning from major european hubs leaving the airplanes overnighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

just for reference, heres the Vueling scheme
    http://www.vueling.com/en/punto/premium
    Fly with us 40 times a year, or book 20 return flights, to be eligible for your Premium card and plenty of great benefits!
    • Guaranteed seat
    • Exclusive check-in desk
    • Fast-track
    • Priority boarding
    • Bring your flight back free of charge
    seems fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

just for reference, heres the Vueling scheme
    http://www.vueling.com/en/punto/premium

seems fair enough

And if you take 40 flights in Europe with Aer Lingus at the cheapest possible fare, you get pretty much the same with Aer Club except you also get the Lounge in DUB and LHR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Vueling Premium is their version of a loyalty scheme, it's not comparable to Aer Space which is/was an actual fare product. Vueling Excellence is the offering almost identical to Aer Space, free baggage, seat up front, empty middle seat, complimentary snacks and full flexibility.

This is a product Aer Lingus is probably looking at when Vueling was referenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 susan1992

The Aer Space Idea was recently mentioned again by a management rep when announcing the new routes out of Cork. He specifically mentioned an enhanced product on the short haul network. But this could simply be a new menu different from the actual one. It's meant to happen only next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

susan1992 wrote: »
    The Aer Space Idea was recently mentioned again by a management rep when announcing the new routes out of Cork. He specifically mentioned an enhanced product on the short haul network. But this could simply be a new menu different from the actual one. It's meant to happen only next year.

He mentioned an enhanced product called aer space. I doubt it it's only a menu change. Hopefully it's a nice Business Class product like in British Airways and Air France. I'd say there would be market for it in selected routes out of Dublin.

https://www.facebook.com/FlyCork/videos/1945160452229878/?__xts__[0]=68.ARBnlJ9Uy7WIYku24V9Nf9EbdmV_mVHbFK7Xh9Y2zuSYlHO3miktM47oNOo2Piw4QBRKkvogxTWMHyjhnc6wSEe-_gCzbrCl5jBBLiiAxuBze5K0btfp2OygGNwVQIJK_0PpPSxlQJVKjx8GJn77NcD5oCMpoigpCcYpKzayG-8aefmSrfYe8aWrS7httV1s9KuQLcQQ4EyI_ks&__tn__=-R

Advertisement