Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering Christmas Day - South Co Dub

Options
  • 19-12-2016 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

This year I would like to do some charity work on Christmas Day, however I don't drive and there is no public transport obviously, so I am wondering does anyone know or have experience of any charities within walking distance of Killiney/Shankill/Ballybrack area?

Or, is there anyone from those areas who may be volunteering elsewhere on Christmas Day that would consider carpooling?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Many, many people volunteer on Christmas day, so the chances are that the volunteer quota has already been met by any charities in your area, probably since October or November. For next year you'd need to plan your volunteer application well in advance.

You could find out if there are any restaurants offering free meals in your town, and offer to be waitstaff/washer-upper. :)

Good luck finding something. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MamaBee92

Many, many people volunteer on Christmas day, so the chances are that the volunteer quota has already been met by any charities in your area, probably since October or November. For next year you'd need to plan your volunteer application well in advance.

You could find out if there are any restaurants offering free meals in your town, and offer to be waitstaff/washer-upper. :)

Good luck finding something. :)

This seems to be the general consensus from everyone I've asked, and garda vetting. Looks like I'm just too unorganised for this year, but I'm going to work on applying early for next year. Thanks for your reply

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Sorry it won't work out for you this year, but next year you'll be so well prepared you'll have the pick of the options. :) Have a lovely Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MamaBee92

Sorry it won't work out for you this year, but next year you'll be so well prepared you'll have the pick of the options. :) Have a lovely Christmas.

Thanks, you too 😊

Advertisement